Updated on April 19, 2018: Today OnePlus rolled Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 5 and 5T with OxygenOS 5.1.0. Download and install the latest version of Stable OxygenOS 5.1.0 Brings Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 5/5T.
OnePlus seems to be in high spirits to roll out Oreo updates for its flagships. Currently, the OxygenOS 5.0.2 is seeding out which brings the OnePlus 5T Android Oreo update. It’s the first official stable Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update for the OnePlus 5T. Apart from the OS level step-up, it brings the update for Launcher, gallery, weather and file manager apps. It also brings the latest CPU security patch to the device. The quick settings menu is having a new design post this upgrade. Refer to the official changelog below for complete information of updates and fixes. Recently the OEM announced for this stable release for those users who are sticking to the stable firmware.
The latest OnePlus 5T Android Oreo update with OxygenOS 5.0.2 is currently rolling over-the-air(OTA). Every device will not receive it immediately. It will gradually knock into all devices in various regions. This upgrade weighs about around 1.6 GB in size.Initially, OxygenOS 5.0.2 OnePlus 5T Android Oreo update will roll out to a small percentage of users. A broader seeding of the software will happen in the coming days. Just a few days ago, OnePlus rolled out the Oxygen OS Open Beta 5/3 for OnePlus 5/5T.
Android Oreo is the latest and 8th iteration of Android OS. It comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots, picture-in-picture mode, App compatibility, Auto-fill API, better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life etc.
OnePlus 5T is a dual SIM smartphone launched in November 2017. The phone comes with a 6.01-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. It runs on 2.45 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and 6 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7..1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box. This device packs a 16 GB of expandable internal storage. OnePlus 5T brings a 20-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-MP front face camera.
Table of Contents
Changelog: OnePlus 5T Android Oreo Update
Here is the entire list of updates the latest stable Oxygen OS 5.0.2 brings to OnePlus 5T.
- Android version Upgrade to 8.0 Oreo
- CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- New design for Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Launcher updated to v2.2
- Gallery updated to v2.0
- Weather updated to v1.9
- File Manager updated to v1.7.6
Since it’s an airborne update, you can wait for your device to automatically capture and update. If you are not really into the waiting game, then you can manually capture the OTA too. Here, just follow this simple steps.
Go to your device Settings > System Updates > Check for Updates. If the OxygenOS 5.0.2 OnePlus 5T Android Oreo update is available, then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
So, that’s it. It’s the first ever stable Android O update since the release of OnePlus 5T. So, do not miss this one. Grab the OTA as it rolls into your device. Upgrade to Oreo OS and enjoy the features. Reach out to us in the comment section if you have any queries.
OxygenOS 5.0.2 OnePlus 5T Android Oreo updateDownload OxygenOS 5.1.0 – 8.1 Oreo Download FULL ROM OxygenOS 5.0.2
Download Full ROM mirror link here
Steps to Install OxygenOS 5.0.2 on OnePlus 5T
There are two methods to install OxygenOS OTA zip or Full ROM zip file on OnePlus 5T. First method, you can simply move the downloaded zip file to your Internal memory card and flash it by booting into recovery mode. The second method is via ADB Sideload method.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5/5T devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have OnePlus 5T USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a full backup of your phone and then proceed.
Method 1: Flash OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA zip using Recovery
- Download the OTA zip file and move to the internal memory on your phone.
- Now Open Settings App –> System Updates –> click on Settings icon –> Local Upgrade and Select the OTA file.
- Now you would see a prompt screen to upgrade your phone, Click Upgrade Now.
- Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- That’s it! After flashing the OTA, your phone will reboot into the latest upgraded system version.
Method 2: Flash OxygenOS 5.0.2 via ADB Sideload method
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to the folder where ADB installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now on your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold the Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS 5.0.2 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.