OnePlus had recently rolled the Android Oreo update in the form of Open Beta to find the bugs related to performance and battery bug. Finally now, OnePlus started rolling the stable build of OxygenOS 5.0 Android Oreo for OnePlus 3 and 3T. The update brings all the features and improvements along with Android 8.0 Oreo.
The update is rolling out via OTA in a phase-wise manner. If you are running the stable Nougat or Beta build, then you will receive the official update anytime soon. In case if you don’t receive the update, then make sure you don’t have any root access file such as SuperSU or Magisk installed. Follow the below procedure to check for the official update on your phone.
Go to Settings -> About Phone --> Software Update
If you still don’t have the update, then download the below OTA file and flash the firmware manually on OnePlus 3 or 3T. This way you don’t have to wait for the official roll out.
Changelog of OxygenOS 5.0 Android Oreo for OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Parallel Apps
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated security patch to September
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3T users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Want to revert back to Android Nougat update? Then follow this guide to Downgrade to Nougat on OnePlus 3 or 3T.
SOURCE – Click here