OnePlus is finally rolling out the stable OxygenOS 5.1.0 for its premium flagship duo OnePlus 5/5T. The prime attraction of this package brings the Android 8.1 Oreo to the devices. Also, the security level gets stepped-up to that of latest April 2018 patch. Apart from that, full-screen gesture support has been added to OnePlus 5T only. We believe OnePlus 5 may get it soon too. In the launcher, users can now have auto name folder based on category. Search section in the launcher now gets the category tags.
As usual like everytime OnePlus has something for the gamers too. Adaptive brightness and power saving features get more optimization.
The latest OxygenOS 5.1.0 OnePlus 5/5T 8.1 Oreo update is currently rolling over-the-air(OTA). All devices are not going to receive it at a time. It will gradually knock into all devices in batches. This upgrade weighs about around 766 MB in size. Initially, OxygenOS 5.1.0 Oreo update for OnePlus 5/5T will seed out to a small percentage of users. A broader seeding of the software will happen gradually.
Your device can capture the airborne update and you will be notified to install the same. If you can not wait for that, you can yourself check for the OxygenOS 5.1.0, download and install it. Go to your device Settings > System Updates > Tap on Check for Updates. If the OxygenOS 5.1.0 OnePlus 5/5T Android 8.1 Oreo update is available, then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
We have also provided the link to official OTA from OnePlus servers. Check that out below along with the installation tutorial.
Download OxygenOS 5.1.0 for OnePlus 5/5T [OTA Zip]
Here is the OTA link.Oxygen OS 5.1.0 Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 5 [OTA Zip] Android 8.1 Oreo Oxygen OS 5.1.0 for OnePlus 5T [OTA Zip]
You May Also Like,
How To Manually Install OxygenOS 5.1.0 on OnePlus 5/5T
There are two ways by which we can install latest stable OxygenOS OTA zip on OnePlus 5/5T. First method, you can move the firmware zip file to your internal storage and flash it by booting the phone into recovery mode. The second method is via ADB Sideload method.
Before performing any manual update, you need to have a few utilities with you.
- These OTA files are only for OnePlus 5/5T devices.
- Make sure that you have OnePlus 5/5T USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a full backup of your phone before flashing any update.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device while/ after installing this update.
Installing the latest OxygenOS 5.1.0 Using Local Upgrade
- Download the latest Oxygen Os 5.1.0 OTA firmware zip file
- copy the files to the internal memory on your respective phones (i.e OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T).
- Now go to Settings App –> System Updates –> click on Settings icon –> Local Upgrade and Select the OTA file.
- Now a prompt screen will appear saying you to upgrade your phone, Click Upgrade Now.
- Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- After installation, your phone will reboot into the latest upgraded system version.
Now in an alternative way you can also flash the latest Oxygen OS 5.1.0 on OnePlus 5/5T via ADB Sideload. Follow the tutorial in the link above.
So, install and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo along with other enhanced features on your OnePlus 5 and 5T.