Bringing in a massive changelog, the latest OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 4/2 is now rolling across the globe. It brings improved power consumption features and efficient application management solutions. Apart from that, it brings new updates to the launcher, auto-folder tagging and blue notification dot optimization. It comes with bug fixes and other basic security optimizations. Adding to it, the OxygenOS Beta also updates the clipboard, file manager, and dialer with new features. The open beta 4 is supported by OnePlus 5 and the open beta 2 is for OnePlus 5T. Currently, the OxygenOS 30/21 Open Beta is also rolling for OnePlus 3/3T.
The update is seeding via OTA (Over the Air) to all the OnePlus 5/5T users. It will gradually knock into in all regions. If you are in previous Open Beta build then only you can receive this upgrade as over-the-air (OTA) update. Otherwise, you have to manually flash the software update on your device. Below we have provided the official link to grab the latest OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 4/2 update from OnePlus servers. You can download and install it manually. We have put up a brief tutorial for the same later in this post. Please note that this software update is in its beta version. These can be sometimes unstable and you may experience bugs. Official sources state that some third-party camera applications may be buggy.
Changelog: OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 4/2
The changelog is both massive and impressive as it brings important changes to the devices with the latest OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 4/2. Let’s take a look at that in details.
- Launcher is Updated to v2.3
- new categories when using the search icon in the drawer
- Auto folder tagging will help you automatically name the new folder you created for similar Apps.
- The Clock icon is now dynamic
- Brings the Blue notification dots to notify you of a newly installed app that will be removed automatically after 15 days.
- Adding of some new Launcher usage tips which will be helpful for first use of the launcher
- Optimizations for logic managing high power consumption applications
- Inclusion of a more intelligent background application management solution
- Various bug fixes and optimizations
- New OnePlus switch app will help to move your information to a new OnePlus device easily.
- Clipboard feature allows editing the text copied and then choose to “Search, Translate, or Share”.
- Improved experience when deleting files and adding of large file management function.
- More caller information is now given to you during incoming call notification.
Download Latest OxygenOs OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 4/2
If you are eligible for receiving the OTA update, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software updates. Check for the official OTA update on your phone.
Otherwise, here are the links to OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 4/2 OTA zip files. You will have to manually download and install them.
- OnePlus 5 OxygenOS Open Beta 4 OTA Firmware | Download [zip file]
- OxygenOS OnePlus 5T Open Beta 2 OTA Firmware | Download [zip file]
How To Manually Install OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 4/2
You can use ADB sideloading method to flash the OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 4/2. Before getting ahead with the OTA flashing process,
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5/5T users.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a full backup of your phone and then proceed.
Now, follow the link below to manually install the latest Open Beta OS.
So, that’s all. Follow the steps and install the latest OTA update. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding this.
Follow GetDroidTips to get latest OxygenOS updates and downloads for all OnePlus smartphones.