In Last Beta version of OxygenOS Open Beta 19 and 10, OnePlus introduced OnePlus Launcher v2.1 update for OnePlus 3 and 3T. In today’s new version of OxygenOS Open beta 20, the company brings the regular bug fixes and other improvements and optimization. You can now download the OxygenOS Open Beta 20 For OnePlus 3. Now OxygenOs Beta 20 is available to download from the below download section.
The company brings OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3 with many optimizations, bug fixes, and enhancements. It is now available for users to download and install. Recently the company released the Android Nougat update for OnePlus 3 based OxygenOS 4.1.6. If you are running stable, then you won’t receive this OTA update. The latest OxygenOS Open Beta 20 brings the updated version of OnePlus Launcher v2.1, OnePlus Community app with v1.9 and other bug fixes from the earlier built. For more check changelog.
Want to try HydrogenOS, Now you can install the latest HydrogenOS Beta 15 for OnePlus 3 which was released recently for OnePlus Local Market in China.
Also, Check Related Post:
- OnePlus 3 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download And Install OxygenOS Open Beta 18 For OnePlus 3
- Download Install HydrogenOS Open Beta 15 For OnePlus 3
- Download Install Carbon ROM On OnePlus 3 and 3T (CarbonROM 5.1)
- Download Official Stable OxygenOS 4.1.6 For OnePlus 3 (OTA + Full ROM)
- Download Install Paranoid Android AOSPA For OnePlus 3 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
The update is been rolling as we speak, it is rolling via OTA (Over the Air) to all the OnePlus 3 users. If you already installed any of the earlier version of OxygenOS beta, then you may receive the OTA update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in a phase-wise manner. It may take to receive the update in a couple of days or weeks. In case if you are installing or have no patiene to wait for the OTA, then you can follow the full guide on How to Update OxygenOS on OnePlus 3 manually with Open Beta 20.
To Check for the OTA update, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software updates and check for the official OTA update on your phone.
You can always sideload the new version by following our simple guide. Now flash OxygenOS Beta 20 OTA on OnePlus 3 via ADB Sideload or directly from recovery. Once you flash the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3, you will start receiving the OTA update of all future update of OxygenOS Open Beta release.
As this is not Over-the -air update, so you will have to download the ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version, there may be some bugs. OnePlus said that there might be wonky functionality or many not work correctly. Also, there may be some performance issues.
- Battery saver indication changed from orange status bar to a notification.
- Optimized calculation method for data usage statistics, tracking is now more accurate.
- Optimized expanded screenshot, now supports capture while gifs and videos are playing. (Experimental)
- Visual effects improvements for Weather widget.
- Resolved various 3rd party app crashes.
- Fixed bluetooth device battery status wrongly displayed for non-supported devices.
- Fixed Weather occasionally not being able to retrive forecast data.
If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Open Beta, you’ll continue getting Open Beta OTAs.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs Open Beta 20.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs Open Beta 20 files to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 20 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS Open Beta 20.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOs Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 3 in the comment section below.
SOURCE – Click here