Finally, The wait is over! Now OnePlus has started rolling the first Android Pie beta update for both the OnePlus 5 and 5T after taking a bit longer than expected. The update comes in the form of OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and 20 for OnePlus 5/5T, You can grab the download via both OTA or you can normally flash the firmware via ADB sideload.
Well Last month, OnePlus rolled the Android 9 Pie update for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on HydrogenOS public beta users in China. Now the company has finally upgraded the Global variant of OnePlus 5 and 5T to Android Pie based on the latest OxygenOS 9.0. The new update brings New Quick Settings UI design, New navigation gestures for OnePlus 5T, Support for more parallel apps, Redesigned volume slider, new DND mode, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, and more other features.
In this post, we will guide you to install OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and 20 for OnePlus 5/5T manually. If you are awaiting the OTA and it is yet to show up, then you can download and install the ROM on your own. Below you can find the OTA link and a full tutorial on how to install it.
Table of Contents
OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and 20 Changelog:
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- Parallel Apps
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Now able to switch dynamically to your current location
- Display more suggestions when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations
Steps to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and 20 for OnePlus 5/5T
Before installing the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and 20 for OnePlus 5/5T based on Pie, you have to follow a few guidelines which we have mentioned below.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported device: OnePlus 5/5T
- Charge your phone: Before you proceed with the below information, charge your OnePlus 5/5T to at least 50%.
- Laptop or PC: To carry out the second method, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: The very first thing to pay attention to is taking the device backup. If you have are not able to take the backup of phone data, however, if you have inserted a memory card in your device, remove it at least to save it.
Instructions to Install via Settings App:
- Download and move the OxygenOS zip package to the root of internal memory
- Now Go into Settings –> System –> System Updates
- Tap on the Settings and Select Local Upgrades
- Select the downloaded package OxygenOS Zip File.
Instructions to Install via Sideload Method:
- First of all, enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to the folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5/5T to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOSZip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
That’s it, guys. I hope you have installed OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and 20 for OnePlus 5/5T successfully. If there are any doubts regarding the installation, do let us know in the comments section.