It’s been a long wait! Finally, Paranoid Android is back. If you haven’t heard this name, Well! Paranoid Android, also known as Android Open Source Paranoid Android project or AOSPA is a popular custom ROM built by the team which is now been hired by OnePlus company for the work of OxygenOS ROM. Now the good news is that the ROM is currently available for Sony Xperia X Compact (codenamed Kugo). Here we will guide on how to install Paranoid Android on Sony Xperia X Compact.
If you want to install the AOSPA custom ROM on your device. Then, make sure to download the latest TWRP Recovery version for your Sony Xperia X Compact (Kugo) to enjoy the Paranoid Android based on Android Pie without any error.
What’s Paranoid Android?
Paranoid Android is one popular custom ROM built with many new innovative features, a slick user interface, improved performance, and battery backup. Now AOSPA is back in the game again with Android 9.0 Pie builds. Starting today, you can download and install Paranoid Android on Sony Mi 5, Sony Xperia X Compact, Sony Xperia X Compact, Sony Xperia X Compact and Pocophone F1 smartphones, and in a few days, they will release this firmware for Essential Phone, OnePlus 6 and 6T, Motorola Moto G5 Plus. In early days, we had seen many features such as Pie Control mode, custom camera binaries, themes support (Built-in Color Engine), OTA updates, design, Gesture Support, immersive mode (run any app in full-screen view), etc.
In the current version, there is no such feature but can be used as a daily driver. We are not sure when the new beta build will add all this feature.
Just like every custom ROM, you’ll need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery (such as TWRP) in order to install Paranoid Android AOSPA on Sony Xperia X Compact.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Paranoid Android on Sony Xperia X Compact:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers, Gapps and things to start with.
- Supported: Sony Xperia X Compact (Kugo):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Sony USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia X Compact.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia X Compact
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download Paranoid Android ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Supported Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, Download and AOSPA ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Paranoid Android zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Paranoid Android on Sony Xperia X Compact (Kugo).
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Paranoid Android on Sony Xperia X Compact (Kugo). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.