Starbreeze Studios and Deep Silver are preparing to launch PAYDAY 3, the highly anticipated sequel to the popular action FPS multiplayer title PAYDAY. The Payday series is widely known for its thrilling crime planning and heist execution, providing players with a high-octane co-op shooting experience. However, some Payday 3 players are experiencing the “Payday 3 Party Not Working” issue on both PCs and consoles.
Players have reported encountering an error message that reads “Failure Sending Party Invite” when trying to invite their friends to join their group. If you’re experiencing this issue, rest assured that there’s no need to worry.
- How to Fix If Payday 3 Party Not Working
- 1. Restart the PC or Console
- 2. Run Payday 3 as an Administrator
- 3. Check the Server Status
- 4. Check Your Internet Connection
- 5. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
- 6. Check for Payday 3 Updates
- 7. Verify and Repair the Game Files
- 8. Check the Beta Access Confirmation
- 9. Check for the Crossplay Compatibility
- 10. Update the Network Driver
- 11. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Temporarily
- 12. Don’t Use a VPN or Proxy Server
- 13. Flush DNS Cache
- 14. Use Google DNS
- 15. Contact Payday 3 Support
How to Fix If Payday 3 Party Not Working
Are you still getting the Payday 3 party not working error while joining players or getting disconnected during a match? Luckily, here we’ve shared with you a couple of potential workarounds to easily fix this issue. Make sure to follow all methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC or Console
Before doing anything, it’s expected to restart the PC or the console to refresh the temporary system glitch or cache data issue whatsoever. In some cases, a normal restart of the PC or console can be helpful enough.
2. Run Payday 3 as an Administrator
Ensure to run the PayDay 3 game application as an administrator on the PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the system admin permission while running a program.
- Go to the installed PayDay 3 game directory.
- Right-click on the application file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
3. Check the Server Status
Payday has officially acknowledged beta issues, and the company is already working on it. If you keep getting network errors, check if something is wrong with their servers. Unfortunately, there’s no official status page to review the real-time server status. But, you can follow the official @PAYDAYGame Twitter handle to check if the server downtime happening or not. In case, there is a server outage then make sure to wait for at least a few hours and then try again.
4. Check Your Internet Connection
You should also check the internet connection at your end to ensure there is no issue with the poor or unstable network. In case, your internet connection is having some issue then make sure to try using another network or switching the Wi-Fi network to a wired (ethernet) connection or vice versa. Alternatively, you can try using the mobile data connection as a hotspot to check for the issue.
5. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
We’ll also recommend you perform a power cycle to your Wi-Fi router by following the steps below to easily clear networking glitches or temporary cache issues.
- Just Power Off the Wi-Fi Router.
- Once the LED indicator stops blinking, unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable in.
- Then Power On the router and check for the issue again.
6. Check for Payday 3 Updates
Another thing you can do is to update the PayDay 3 game by following the steps below to avoid an outdated game version. An outdated game patch version might trouble you a lot when it comes to game launching or server connectivity issues. It’s better to update the game manually to avoid an outdated version.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on PayDay 3 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait some time to install the update.
- Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes and run the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Payday 3.
- Turn On the Auto Update option.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Next, choose My Games & Apps > Select See All.
- Select Manage and then Updates.
- If there is an update available, your console will automatically start downloading & installing the new patch.
- Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Payday 3 and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
7. Verify and Repair the Game Files
The chances are high that somehow corrupted or missing game files installed on the PC might also trigger several issues with in-game issues. It’s always a better idea to simply verify and repair the installed game files on the PC.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on PayDay 3 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Payday 3.
- Now, click on Verify > Wait for the repair process.
- Once done, restart the PC.
8. Check the Beta Access Confirmation
Please cross-check whether you’re eligible to get into the beta access to Payday 3 or not. Make sure to check the registered email address to get the confirmation email and then open the link.
9. Check for the Crossplay Compatibility
Another thing you should check is if the crossplay compatibility is working fine or not. If the crossplay feature is turned off at your end then turn it on manually.
10. Update the Network Driver
Some of the affected PayDay 3 players also mentioned that an outdated or missing networking driver on their Windows system was troubling them a lot. So, if you’re not sure enough whether your networking driver is updated or not, try following the steps below:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager > Double-click on Network adapters.
- Right-click on the networking device and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers to check for the update.
- If an update is available, it’ll be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once done, restart the PC to apply changes.
11. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Temporarily
Multiple reports claim that sometimes disabling the Windows Firewall on the PC might also help you in fixing several issues with the game server connectivity or party not working errors.
- Open the Start Menu on your PC.
- Type Firewall and click on Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Next, select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for both the Public and Private options.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Settings in the search bar, and click on it to open.
- Go to Windows & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on Open Windows Security > Go to Virus & Threat Protection.
- Next, click on the Manage Settings menu > Turn OFF the Real-time Protection feature.
Note: If you’re using a third-party antivirus software then turn off the real-time protection feature manually.
12. Don’t Use a VPN or Proxy Server
Make sure to disable the VPN (Virtual Private Network) service or Proxy Server at your end to cross-check if the problem has been fixed or not. In some cases, it’s worth mentioning that using a VPN can fix geo-restricted content access or game server issues. However, using the VPN service can also trigger server connectivity issues.
13. Flush DNS Cache
Somehow, your system has gathered plenty of DNS cache data related to the internet configuration. Following the steps below, you can easily connect with the game servers after removing the DNS resolver cache data from the system.
- Open the Start menu > Type Command Prompt and search for it.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt > Select Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes to run with the admin access > Once the command prompt window opens, type the following command and hit Enter:
- A successful message will appear that says, Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
- Finally, close the command prompt window, and restart the PC to apply changes.
14. Use Google DNS
Sometimes a custom DNS server address specified by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) might have issues with the game server connectivity. You should always try changing the DNS server address to a public domain such as Google DNS for better reachability and speed. Make sure to follow the steps below to easily add the Google Public DNS address on your PC and console to fix the particular issue.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type control and hit Enter to open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet > Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Go to your Connections to select Ethernet, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Next, click on Properties > Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) to open a new window.
- Click on Use the following DNS server addresses and input 184.108.40.206 as a Preferred DNS server.
- Enter 220.127.116.11 as the Alternate DNS server > Click on the checkbox of Validate settings upon exit.
- Click on OK to confirm the changes > Reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu.
- Go to the System tab > Select Settings.
- Choose Network > Select Network Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select DNS Settings > Select Manual.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 for the Primary DNS Address and 22.214.171.124 for the Secondary DNS Address.
- Once done, reboot the console to apply the changes.
- Go to the Settings menu from the PS4/PS5 home screen.
- Select Network > Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose Custom > Select Automatic to IP Address Settings.
- Select DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify.
- Now, select DNS Settings to Manual.
- Go to Primary DNS > Set the 126.96.36.199 value.
- Then set the Secondary DNS to the 188.8.131.52 value.
- Select Next > Choose MTU Settings to Automatic.
- Next, choose Proxy Server to Do Not Use.
15. Contact Payday 3 Support
Lastly, you should contact Payday 3 Support by clicking on the provided link to submit a support ticket regarding the malfunction of the party feature. Please include all necessary details to aid the game developers in their investigation and provide you with better assistance.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.