In this guide, we will show you the steps to permanently delete your Kik account. This app tick marks all the requirements that you could have asked for from an instant messaging service. Its major USP is the ability to sign up without using your phone number. However, if you aren’t satisfied with this app or just want to jump ships over to any of the other social media platforms, then you have two different options to choose from.
You could either temporarily deactivate your account or delete it for good. In Kik’s language, the latter is also known as a permanent deactivation of the account. And in this guide, we will be focusing on just that. Today, we will show you to permanently delete your Kik account and will also let you know what happens once you decide to bid adieu to your account. Follow along for the instructions.
How to permanently delete your Kik account
In case of temporary deactivation, your Kik username won’t be searchable and your name will also be deleted from the contact lists of people. However, you could easily re-activate your account by just signing in back to your account. But in case of a permanent deactivation (aka deletion), your account will no longer be accessible.
Likewise, your username won’t be searchable anywhere on the app and your profile will also be deleted from the contact list of people you ever contacted to. Furthermore, all your contacts and message history will be gone forever and you will never be able to access it. So now that you are aware of the repercussions, here are the detailed steps to permanently delete your Kik account.
- Head over to the Kik’s permanent deactivation website.
- Now enter your username and email address associated with that account.
- Next up, you will have to select the reason for the permanent deactivation of your account. Select the desired option from the drop-down menu.
- If you want, you could also describe some additional issues, problems, or the reason for deleting your account (optional).
- Finally, check-mark the acknowledgment message and click Go.
- You will now receive the account deactivation link on your email address. Open that link and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
That’s it. These were the steps to permanently delete your Kik Account. Let’s now check out another scenario.
Deleting your Child’s Kik Account
If you wish to delete your child’s Kik account, there are a couple of things that you would need.
- To begin with, get hold of your child’s email address and username associated with that account.
- Then you will have to send a deactivation inquiry to Kik via Email. Enter Parent Inquiry in the subject field, and mail them your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your child’s email and user name as well.
- You will now get a form that you need to fill. Enter the required details and submit the form.
- Your child’s Kik account will be shortly deleted.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to permanently delete your as well as your child’s Kik Account. If you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, don’t forget to check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick section as well.