We connect our smartphones to our PCs to transfer files or create a backup of everything necessary to us. We usually use USB cables for seamless and faster transfers, especially when transferring big files. But sometimes, a user runs into an issue while connecting the phone to the PC.
Recently many Pixel 6 Pro users have come forward with this issue. Some users claim that when their Pixel 6 Pro is connected to their PC via a USB cable, it does not appear. It does not show up in Windows Explorer at all. So here in this article, we will look at all the possible solutions you can try to fix this issue. Without any further ado, let’s get into it.
Google Pixel 6 Pro Firmware | Fastboot Factory Images and OTA Files
List of Best Custom ROM for Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro [Updated]
Fix: Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Camera Crashing Issue
Fix: Google Pixel 6/ 6 Pro GPS Not Working Issue
Fix: Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Screen Flickering When Switching from 60Hz to 90Hz
Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Bluetooth Headphones Not Working, How to Fix?
Downgrade Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro From Android 13 to Android 12
How to Fix Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Connectivity and Signal Loss Issue
- Fix: Pixel 6 Pro Not Showing Up On PC
Fix: Pixel 6 Pro Not Showing Up On PC
There are different reasons why this could be happening. It could be a hardware-related issue, meaning the cable could be faulty or one USB socket could be damaged. And it could also be a software-related issue, meaning wrong drivers are installed on the PC or not present on the PC.
Whatever may be the case, here in this article, we will discuss the solution to every possible issue.
Check the USB cable:
There is a possibility that the USB cable you are trying to use to connect your phone to the PC is faulty. You can check for this by using another device that connects to your PC via the same USB cable. If the other device also does not show up for using that particular USB cable, then the problem is actually with the cable. So use another USB cable for your Google Pixel 6 Pro.
However, if the cable works well with other devices, then the issue is not with the cable. In that case, move ahead to the next solution.
Check the USB socket:
The USB socket, the one in your PC, the problem could be with that as well. Try connecting the USB cable to another port in your PC. That could fix the problem for you.
Try the next solution if you still don’t see the phone show up on your PC even after connecting to other USB ports.
Connect Google Pixel 6 Pro to the PC as MTP:
When you connect your Pixel 6 Pro to your PC, it will automatically start charging itself. This is the default setting for the smartphone when the USB port is connected to a power source. You need to change the setting from charging to MTP or File Transfer. Once the setting is set to File Transfer, the smartphone will automatically recognize when connected to a PC. To change the setting, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Connect your Pixel 6 Pro to the PC using the USB cable.
- You will get a notification once the connection is established.
- Tap on that notification, and you will see that it is set to Charging this device. Change it to File Transfer or MTP.
Try the next solution if you don’t see a notification or changing the setting does not work.
Use Developer Options:
Rather than tapping on the notification every time, you can just set the value to File Transfer or MTP by default. That could also possibly solve your connectivity issue.
- Open up Settings on your smartphone.
- Tap on System and then select Developer Options.
- Now, scroll through the options and go to Default USB configuration.
- Here, select File Transfer or MTP from the list of possible options that show up.
If this does not fix your issue, try the next solution.
Update the driver of your Google Pixel 6 Pro on the PC:
For connecting any smartphone, you will need the necessary drivers for it preinstalled on your PC. Even with your Pixel 6 Pro, it is the same scenario. And you can’t have outdated drivers on your PC. So it would be best if you had the latest drivers for your Pixel 6 Pro installed on your computer for the device to show up when connected to the PC.
There are two ways to update the driver for Pixel 6 Pro on your PC.
Firstly, you can visit Google’s Pixel webpage and then look for downloads. There you will find the setup file for the driver package of your smartphone. Download it and install it on your computer like any other application. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and try connecting your smartphone to the PC again.
Secondly, you can use Window’s built-in tool to update the drivers.
- Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable.
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list of options.
- Double-click and expand the Portable Device section.
- Find your smartphone in this list and right-click on it. Choose the option “Update Driver” here.
- Then follow the options on your screen that can automatically scan the internet and install the latest driver.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and try connecting your smartphone to the PC again.
If updating the drivers also does not solve your issue, try the next possible solution.
Android File Transfer Utility for Mac:
This solution is specifically for Mac Users. The Mac and Android operating systems are not directly compatible. You will need the Android File Transfer Utility tool to connect your Pixel 6 Pro to a Mac.
- Download Android File Transfer from this link.
- Open up the Applications folder and, from there, launch Android File Transfer.
- Now, connect your Pixel 6 Pro to the Mac, and it should work.
Run Windows Device Troubleshooter:
You can also try Windows’ built-in device troubleshooter utility tool as an additional fix. The troubleshooter tool in Windows can fix the most common problems with the OS, and you should give it a try for your Pixel 6 Pro issue.
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Windows PowerShell(Admin) from the list of options that show up.
- Click on Yes to grant admin access.
- Enter the command “msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic” and press Enter.
- A “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter will appear on the screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to run it, and it should auto-detect what’s causing the issue and what needs to be done to fix it.
If none of the solutions mentioned above worked for you, then there is a possibility that the problem could be with the USB port on your smartphone. Or an issue with your smartphone in general. If that is the case, take your smartphone to the nearest Google authorized service center for Pixel smartphones. They should be able to fix your problem for you.
So that is all about fixing Pixel 6 Pro not showing up on PC. If you have any questions or queries about this article, comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more helpful information.