It’s been a while since Google released its newest smartphones, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. In comparison with previous models, they offer advanced features and improvements. Users have sometimes reported their Pixel 6 or 6 Pro restart and freezes while watching Youtube videos. Some solutions can help to resolve this problem, but it can be frustrating to experience. In this article, we will explore some possible causes and solutions for the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro restarting or freezing while playing YouTube videos.
- Possible Causes of Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Restarting or Freezing When Watching Youtube Videos
- Fix Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Restart or Freezes When Watching Videos on Youtube
Possible Causes of Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Restarting or Freezing When Watching Youtube Videos
If your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro freezes or restarts while watching YouTube videos, there are several possible causes. This happens for a variety of reasons, including:
- Outdated software: It is possible to experience problems streaming videos on Youtube if your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro is running an outdated version of the software.
- Youtube app issue: Your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro may be experiencing a bug or issue that is causing the Youtube app to crash or freeze.
- Corrupted cache or data: Streaming videos with the Youtube app may be problematic if the app’s cache or data has been corrupted.
- Overheating: When your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro gets too hot while streaming videos on YouTube, it can freeze or restart.
- Hardware issue: It is possible for your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro to restart or freeze while streaming Youtube videos due to a hardware issue.
Fix Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Restart or Freezes When Watching Videos on Youtube
So, here are fixes that will will help you resolving the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro restart or freezes when watching videos on YouTube:
Fix 1: Update the Software
If you are experiencing restarts or freezings when watching Youtube videos on your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro, then you need to update the software on your device. It may not be possible to use the latest features of the Youtube app with an outdated software version. Consequently, it’s important to ensure your device is up-to-date by checking for and installing any available software updates.
Below are the guidelines you need to follow to check for updates on your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro:
- On your device, open the Settings app.
- Go to the System section and select it.
- Click on System updates.
- Whenever an update becomes available, your device will check for it automatically. If an update is available, you will receive a notification.
You can follow the on-screen instructions to download and install updates if they are available. It may take some time and consume a significant amount of data if you do not connect your device to a stable Wi-Fi network before beginning the update process.
The update will automatically be installed on your device once it has been downloaded. You may see a progress bar on the screen as your device restarts several times during the installation process. It is important not to interrupt the installation process, as doing so may cause problems for your device.
Once the update has been installed, your device will restart, and you can continue to use it normally. Ensure that the issue of restarting or freezing while watching Youtube videos has been resolved. You can also try the other solutions in this article if the problem persists.
Fix 2: Clear the Cache and Data of the Youtube App
You can also try clearing the cache and data of the YouTube app if you’re experiencing the problem of the YouTube app restarting or freezing while you’re watching videos. Over time, the cache and data of the app may accumulate and cause performance problems, such as crashes, freezing, and restarting. Thus, deleting the cache and data can improve the performance of an application and free up storage space.
If you wish to clear the cache and data from the Youtube app on your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the Settings app on your device.
- Select Apps & Notifications from the list.
- Choose See all apps.
- You need to find and select the Youtube app.
- Click on Storage & Cache.
- Click on Clear cache.
- If the problem persists, select Clear storage and Clear data. It is important to note that this will delete all app data, including search history and passwords.
Once the cache and data have been cleared, try opening the YouTube app to see if the issue has been resolved. Please don’t be alarmed if it takes longer than usual for the app to load the data after clearing the cache and data.
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling Youtube if the issue persists. By updating your app, you will ensure that you have the most recent version and may be able to fix any issues caused by corrupted installations.
Fix 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the Youtube App
Reinstalling the Youtube app after you have uninstalled it is also one solution that can help to fix the issue of the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro freezing or restarting when watching videos. By updating the app, you will have the latest version and will be able to resolve issues resulting from a corrupted installation or an outdated version of the app. Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the Youtube app on your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro:
- On your device, open the Settings app.
- Select Apps & Notifications.
- Choose All apps.
- Choose the Youtube app from the list.
- Click Uninstall.
- Tap OK to confirm the action.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Look for the YouTube app on your device.
- Click on Install.
- You will need to wait for the app to download and install.
Open the app again after the app has been reinstalled to see if the problem has been resolved. Alternatively, you could try turning off hardware acceleration, using a cooling pad or fan, or performing a factory reset, if the issue persists.
Fix 4: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
It is also possible to fix the problem of restarting or freezing while watching videos on your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro by turning off hardware acceleration. Your device’s hardware can be used to accelerate app performance, including the Youtube app, with hardware acceleration. Sometimes, it can cause issues, such as app crashes, freezing, and restarting. It is, therefore, possible to improve the performance and stability of the app by turning off hardware acceleration.
Here are the steps for turning off hardware acceleration in the Youtube app on your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro:
- On your device, open the Youtube app.
- In the upper right corner, tap on your profile picture.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to General.
- Toggle off “Use hardware acceleration whenever available” in the settings.
Open the Youtube app after you have turned off hardware acceleration and see if the problem has been resolved. Besides clearing the cache and data, uninstalling and installing the app, using a cooling pad or a fan, or performing a factory reset, you can also try the other solutions mentioned in this article.
Fix 5: Reset Pixel 6 And 6 Pro
It’s possible to fix the issue of your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro restarting or freezing while watching videos by performing a factory reset. Your device will be restored to its original state after this process erases all data, including apps, files, settings, and accounts. In addition to removing software-related problems, such as crashes, freezes, and restarts, it can also assist in removing any software issues.
To avoid losing important data, backup all important data, including contacts, photos, and files, before performing a factory reset. Using your Google account or an external storage device, such as a microSD card or a computer, you can back up your data. Follow these steps to reset your Pixel 6 or 6 Pro:
- On your device, open the Settings app.
- Click System at the bottom of the page.
- Choose Advanced.
- Select the Reset option.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- You will be prompted to enter your device password or PIN. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the device has been reset and restarted, wait for it to finish.
YouTube videos are restarting or freezing on your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro while you are watching them, and there are several fixes that can help. Following the solutions mentioned earlier should fix the problem and allow you to watch videos on Youtube uninterrupted. Anyway, that’s how to fix the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Restart or Freezes When Watching Videos on Youtube issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Moreover, comment below and let us know if you have any doubts.