From this guide, you could download the June 2020 Security Patch for a bunch of Pixel devices, including Pixel 2, 3, 3a, and 4, and their XL variants. Its time to welcome a new month, and with that, a new update as well. Android devices, apart from the usual Android version upgrades, also receive monthly security patches. These are responsible for maintaining the safety and strengthening the security of your device. Furthermore, they also fix some bugs and in some cases welcomes new features as well.
This is the case with the Pixel devices. Right from Pixel 2 up to Pixel 4 XL, they have now got the latest security patch update for June 2020. This comes along with the Feature Drop and brings some new features and improves the existing ones. The changes are related across various sections, including Audio, GPS, Media, Power, System UI, Telephony, and WiFi. Let’s check the complete changelog for all the Pixel devices in detail. After which we will share the download links for the OTA update as well as the steps to install them onto your respective Pixel devices.
Pixel June 2020 Security Patch Update: What’s New
Here’s the complete changelog of the latest security update for Pixel 2 (XL), Pixel 3 (XL), Pixel 3a (XL), and Pixel 4 (XL). Do note that the Pixel 2/2 XL and Pixel 3/3 XL users on T-Mobile and Google Fi will have to wait for a couple of more days (4th June) to get the said update.
Download June 2020 Update for Pixel Devices
You could now download the June 2020 security patch update for the afore-mentioned Pixel devices. Here’s the Build Number of this update.
- Build Number (Global):
- Pixel 2 (XL): QQ3A.200605.001
- Pixel 3 (XL): QQ3A.200605.001
- Pixel 3a (XL): QQ3A.200605.002
- Pixel 4 (XL): QQ3A.200605.001
- Build number (Telstra):
- Pixel 2 (XL): QQ3A.200605.002.A1
- Pixel 3 (XL): QQ3A.200605.002.A1
- Pixel 3a (XL): QQ3A.200605.002.A1
- Pixel 4 (XL): QQ3A.200605.002.A1
Pixel 3A XL
Now that you have downloaded the latest security patch update file for your Pixel devices, here is how to install the same. For the ease of installation, we would recommend you to rename the downloaded package to ota_file. Hence the complete name should be ota_file.zip.
Apply the OTA Update
- First of all, enable USB Debugging on your Pixel Device. Head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 time> Go back to Settings > Advanced > Developer Options and Enable the USB Debugging toggle.
- Download and install the Android SDK Platform-Tools on your PC. Transfer the download OTA Update package inside the platform-tools folder as well.
- Now head over to the platform-tools folder on your PC, type cmd in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will open the Command Prompt.
- Type in the below command to boot your device to the recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
- Now hold the Power button and press the Volume UP button once to access the recovery menu. Doing so will bring up the recovery text menu on your device.
- Next, select the Apply update from ADB option. This will enter your device in sideload mode.
- Execute the below command. Doing so should display the sideload text on your Pixel device.
- Finally, enter the below command to flash the June 2020 security patch update on your Pixel.
adb sideload ota_file.zip
- Once the installation is complete, you may reboot your device by choosing the Reboot system now option.
That’s it. You have successfully installed the latest June 2020 Security Patch update on your respective Pixel devices. if you are having any issues, do drop in your queries in the comments section below. Likewise don’t forget to check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick section as well.