Huawei Honor 6X launched in October 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Huawei Honor 6X. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and developed by XDA Senior member Askuccio_DROID. Full Credits to him and the team behind PixysOS.
Talking about the specs, Huawei Honor 6X features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.7GHz octa-core Kirin 655 processor coupled with 3GB/4GB RAM model. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. The main selling point of Honor 6X is the camera which comes with 12MP Dual Camera setup and 8MP front shooting camera. The Honor 6X runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3340mAh power.
To install PixysOS on Huawei Honor 6X, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Table of Contents
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install PixysOS on Huawei Honor 6X:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Huawei Honor 6X (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 6X
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Huawei Honor 6X.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Huawei Honor 6X (Hi6250).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.