After two years of success with the Poco F1, Xiaomi finally launched its second device with a new X series called Poco X2 in India. Although it does not pack in the flagship-level processor but sports a 120Hz refresh rate display with a dual cutout that houses two front cameras. In fact, it is a rebranded Redmi K30 for India. It’s not even been a day, but currently, the Poco X2 in India receiving its first-ever software update. It is rolling over-the-air with build number V188.8.131.52.QGHINXM.
The debut update for the Poco X2 includes the Android security patch for January 2020. Also, new software improves system stability and performance improvement. This software update is based on Android 10.
Downloading the OTA
The debut update for the Poco X2 is rolling over-the-air. It may take a few days to be available to everyone around the globe. If waiting for the OTA to drop on the device is not something you would prefer, then you can manually search and capture the software.
- Head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update to check for OTA updates whether the new software version V184.108.40.206.QGHINXM is available or not. If yes, just download and install it.
- Meanwhile, you can do this via the Software Updater app as well on your device.
- Make sure to connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular network and keep charged your phone fully.
Try to use Wi-Fi to download the software faster. Also, have enough battery power on your Poco X2 so that the device doesn’t break down while you are busy trying to install the update.
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2020. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Image processing in several scenarios
- Fix: The app crashed in PRO mode
- New: Device categories with Mi Link support
Steps to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM for Poco X2 (phoenix)
To install the update manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads before flashing.
- This MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM file is only supported for the Xiaomi Poco X2.
- Try to fully charge your device before installing the firmware.
- We will recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Instructions to Install:
After following all the pre-requirements and downloads properly, now you can proceed to the guide in order to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM update on your Poco X2 via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the full-depth tutorial video from below:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you have found this guide useful and successfully updated the MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM on your Poco X2 (phoenix) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.