Xiaomi Poco F1 (Codename: beryllium) in August 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. If you’re a Custom ROM lover and want to flash a Custom Firmware on your Xiaomi Poco F1 (Codenamed: beryllium), then this guide is for you. Now, you can download and install POSP ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1 based on Android 11 R from here. We have also shared the firmware details, download links, requirements, and a full installation guide as well.
Thanks to the Team of Potato Project for developing this ROM compatible with Xiaomi Poco F1. In order to install the Custom ROM on your Android handset, the device bootloader must be unlocked at first and should have installed the latest TWRP Recovery as well.
The Xiaomi Poco F1 has a 6.18 inch Full HD Display. The design of the Smartphone might be liked by some, but to others, it might be disappointing. This is primarily due to the plastic build. Anyways, the Xiaomi Poco F1 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chip coupled up with the Adreno 630 GPU and with massive 8 GB of RAM. Coming to the Cameras, the device has a dual-camera setup at the rear. This consists of a 12 MP and a 5 MP camera sensors. The Poco F1 has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera. The device runs on the MIUI. This MIUI is specially designed for the POCO F1. At last, there is a 4000 mAh capacity battery powering this device.
Now, let’s take a look at the overview of POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project) along with its features.
What is the POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project)?
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP) is a buttery-smooth Android custom firmware (aftermarket) that is basically based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The POSP developers have handpicked the best features around the Android OS and have added their own sauce to it. In a simple way, this ROM aims to deliver some unique features to experience a better Android taste.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
[su_box box_color=”Black” title=”Read More:”]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Xiaomi Poco F1 (Android 11)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Xiaomi Poco F1
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Poco F1 [Updated]
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Poco F1 and Root Your Phone
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- Common Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More=
Steps to Install POSP ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1 (beryllium)
Follow this guide to download all the required files, tools, and drivers along with requirements to get things ready before flashing the firmware.
- Supported: For the Xiaomi Poco F1 model only (beryllium).
- Charging: Maintain the battery charge more than 60% at least.
- Requires: A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- USB Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You will need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Poco F1.
- TWRP Recovery: Install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP.
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Download Links:”]
Instructions to Install
- First, you have to boot into TWRP Recovery interface.
- Then Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Poco F1 (if required).
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your ROM and internal data via TWRP Recovery.
- Next, you will need to Wipe System Data using TWRP Recovery.
- Once done, tap on the Install button and search for the downloaded POSP ROM zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm flashing the firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the flashing process.
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”p” title=”Please Note:”]Always flash TWRP installer after flashing ROM in order to keep TWRP alive.[/note]
- Then you will need to flash the Android 11 GApps file from the TWRP main menu > go to Install > select downloaded GApps zip file and swipe to flash.
- After flashing both the firmware and Gapps package, you can reboot your Xiaomi Poco F1 to the system.
- It will take some time to boot for the first time after installing a Custom Firmware on your device. Have some patience.
- Now, your device will boot into a new system. Enjoy!
- Additionally, you can install root on your Xiaomi Poco F1 via SuperSU or via Magisk as well if you want.
We hope that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully installed the POSP Custom ROM (Android 11 R) on your Xiaomi Poco F1 (beryllium) device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.