The latest phone from OnePlus is a phone worth exploring for its technology. The OnePlus 5 has entered the market equipped with all the high-end specifications and features. It also has a new dual camera. It may not be as affordable as the previous OnePlus phones, but it still worth investing in. If you are on the look out of a latest OnePlus phone, it is a definite buy. Most common problems of OnePlus 5 and Their solution and bug fixes.
Of course, as is the case with any Smartphone or tablet, OnePlus 5 has its shortcomings too. We have got together some of the common problems in OnePlus 5 that the users may encounter. We have also given the solutions as to how you can solve the issues. In here we will sort out the problems on your phone such as brightness, performance, Apps Force close problem, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity issues. Most common problems of OnePlus 5 and Their solution and bug fixes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Most common problems of OnePlus 5 and Their solution and bug fixes
- 2 Certain apps and games not working on mobile data
Most common problems of OnePlus 5 and Their solution and bug fixes
- Only some OnePlus 5 users have encountered one or more problems. Most of the handsets have had no problems at all. If you buy a OnePlus 5, you may not encounter any problem at all.
- We have not included the ‘jelly effect’ issue. OnePlus has said that it is the normal behavior. Thus, it cannot be fixed.
Brightness problem in OnePlus 5
Some users are not happy with the adaptive brightness problem in OnePlus 5.
It is an issue with the software when it comes to brightness problem in OnePlus 5. The update of software 4.5.3 is supposed to fix it. Still, some users have found this problem to persist. A permanent solution will soon be available. In the meantime, you can download Lux Auto Brightness app from Google Play Store. It is one of the best tools which help in getting a control the brightness feature. Fortunately, there is a free version too available. Most common problems of OnePlus 5 and Their solution and bug fixes
Check Related Post:
- How to block the notifications on OnePlus 5 with gaming Do Not Disturb Mode
- How to UnBrick OnePlus 5 phone with official tool
- A guide to boot your OnePlus 5 into Recovery Mode
- How to boot your OnePlus 5 into Fastboot mode
- How to Boot the OnePlus 5 into Safe Mode
Windows 10 does not recognize the phone
Some users have discovered that OnePlus 5 is not recognized by Windows 10 as a storage device. It becomes impossible to transfer files and another media content. Though the phone can still be charged from PC.
This issue has been resolved. You can manually enable USB Debugging mode by following a few easy steps.
- Open Settings – About Phone and keep tapping on Build Number several times till a pop-up
- The pop up will say “You are now a developer.”
- In the Setting menu, a new option will appear called Developer Options. Open it.
- Tap on USB debugging to enable it.
- You may have to reboot the phone once.
- Plug in the phone and change USB configuration to MTP.
This should resolve the issue and you will be able to transfer the file.
Performance issues (random reboots, stutter or lag, rapid battery drain)
There have been problems like performance issues with the OnePlus5 device and we always search the web for How to fix this problem in OnePlus 5. It goes for rebooting repeatedly and at random. There have been issues of stutter and lag also. Sometimes there is a rapid draining of the battery even when the phone is not in use.
- Download the Greenify app from Google Play Store. It lists down the applications which are active on waking the phone. Then you can change the settings for these apps. This should reduce the slowdown.
- There may be a rogue app which could be the cause of the poor performance. Boot the device into Safe Mode. If the problem persists, delete the last few apps you may have installed before the problem started. The last resort is to perform the factory reset. But do the factory reset only if it is necessary as you will lose all your data?
Certain apps and games not working on mobile data
It has been found that some apps when connected to Wi-Fi work very well but when connected to mobile data, they do not perform as well.
The issue is related to APN settings. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings-more networks-mobile network-access point names.
- Tap on APN for your network.
- Change the APN Protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
These settings are present to IPv6. This is the reason for issues when certain apps or games try to connect with mobile data.
Notifications get cleared automatically
It has been noticed that that notifications get deleted automatically from the status bar
This is not the issue of a bug. It is related to battery management. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings-battery and then disable Hibernation/Aggressive Dose
- If you want to select which apps send you notifications, you can do it here. . Go to Settings – Battery – Battery Optimization (tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner). Here you can select which apps you want to receive notifications from.
Every time one buys a new device, there can be issues with connectivity. Follow the given general steps for OnePlus 5
- Turn off the router for a few minutes,
- In the WI-Fi settings of the device, tap on forget the preferred network. Then add the details from scratch.
- In the WI-Fi Analyzer application, check the level of activity. If required, switch to the different
- Disable Power Saving Mode in Settings.
- Ensure that the MAC address for the phone is recognized by the router.
- No power saving mode should be enabled.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your device on and off.
- If the problem persists, go to Bluetooth Settings and clear the cache.
- Restart the phone.
- If there are multiple profiles, then maybe you have exceeded the limit of profiles you can save. Delete old and profiles no longer in use. Then try setting the connection from the beginning.
Check Related Post:
- A guide to Wipe the Cache Partition on OnePlus 5
- Useful information on Installing TWRP as a Custom recovery on OnePlus 5
- How to Boot the OnePlus 5 into Safe Mode
All the frequent problems and how to fix them have been discussed in detail above. These are small issues and they should not prevent you from buying a good phone. Almost all these problems are software related. Common problems in OnePlus 5 makes customers unhappy, therefore, OnePlus 5 keep sending updates to help with these issues. Just ensure you always have the latest version of the Oxygen OS installed and enjoy your new phone. Most common problems of OnePlus 5 and Their solution and bug fixes