Sony’s highly successful gaming console series of PlayStation will receive the latest PlayStation 5 avatar. It will l be released around Christmas this year. And to add to the excitement, it will include the new DualSense controller. Not only does it have an attractive new look, but it comes with a number of interesting new features as well.
So if you are one of those tech enthusiasts or a future owner of Play Station 5 then you are at the right place. Today we will discuss the DualSense controller for PlayStation 5 and every detail that we know about it along with its features.
All about Adaptive Triggers, Create Button, and Other design features of the DualSense PS5 Controller
Mark Cerny has revealed a lot of details regarding the PlayStation 5 controller in his interview with Wired, while its first look was revealed in a PlayStation blog post. With the help of these sources, we know about these characteristics of the controller:
- A central touchpad, rechargeable battery, and inbuilt speaker will be present.
- A USB Type-C Port, which is featured in contemporary Android phones, the Nintendo Switch, and Xbox Series X controllers, will be seen here.
- Because of the bigger capacity of its battery and its haptics, it will be bulkier than the DualShock 4. However, it could mean the battery is simply there to support the enhanced features, instead of possessing a longer life. We should mention that product manager Toshi Aoki revealed in a Wired interview that it could weigh lesser than the contemporary Xbox controller even with batteries included.
- Enhanced rumble and haptic feedback will enable users to experience the effects of various surfaces in the games.
- It will feature a completely redone design and will come in black and white colors.
- It will have a kind of unique grip with texture patterns on the lower surface.
- The “Create” button will be taking the place of the “Share” button now. This will allow players to produce new gameplay material to share with everyone.
- The grip and trigger angles are slightly different now.
- The light bar will be present on both sides of the touchpad.
- The developers have redesigned the PS Button to look like the PlayStation logo.
- There are adaptive triggers in the L2 and R2 buttons, which will create tension and offer resistance while performing actions like pulling bowstrings. It will also help you understand and appreciate the feel of using various kinds of guns.
- There is an inbuilt microphone, complete with a mute button, on the controller. Those who like headphones will be able to use them instead.
What is “Haptic Feedback” in regards to the PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller?
Basically, haptic feedback is the game’s ability to use touch sensations to inform the player about something taking place. This is very similar to the purpose of the controller’s typical rumble settings. The developers at Sony focused on enhancing the haptic feedback for the PS5 DualSense controller. This will offer a more interactive experience for gamers.
In his interview, Mark Cerny revealed that they obtained enhanced haptic feedback. This is done by using special voice-coil actuators present in the controller’s grips. Correspondents at Wired, who were invited to play Gran Turismo utilizing the controller, described the enjoyable experience of feeling the surfaces they were racing on. Along with the adaptive triggers and improved speakers, haptic feedback will help create a most immersive experience for gamers for sure.
Things we still Need to Learn about the PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller
There are quite a few important details about the PS5 DualSense controller that we are still missing. We have listed the most crucial ones in this section:
- It would be interesting to find out more about the newly introduced Create button, and how its functions compared to those of its predecessor, the Share button.
- It would be interesting to know what other colors the DualSense controller might be available in.
- We do not know the exact battery life of the DualSense controller yet. It would be intriguing to compare it with that of the DualShock 4’s battery. The latter has a life of around four to eight hours.
- We are looking forward to knowing whether the DualShock 4 controller will be compatible with the PlayStation 5.
- We do not know the controller’s pricing yet. It is obviously very likely to reveal when we find out about the price of the PlayStation 5 itself.
That’s it for now. We will be updating this section with more information about the DualShock controller for the PlayStation 5 when we receive it. We hope this guide helped you. To see more amazing stuff, check out our Windows Troubleshooting Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Tips and Tricks, iPhone Tips, and Android Tips. Moreover, you may also subscribe to our YouTube Channel to participate in our $150 giveaway contest. By the way, if you have any queries, doubts, or feedback, do comment down below with your name along with e-mail ID, and we will respond shortly. See you soon, gamers