New updates are added on November 11, 2020: November 2020 security update is now live for the Realme 5 Pro smartphone users. Notably, the update arrives with version number RMX1971EX_11.C.08 and brings new features like icon pull-down gestures, physical screenshot button, Super power-saving mode, shortcuts for battery settings, fix screen flickering issues, etc. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
● Android Security Patch: November, 2020
● Added a new icon for phone calls with Bluetooth earphone
● Added Scrolling screenshot feature in horizontal mode
● Added a toggle for physical button screenshot in screenshot settings
● Added Super power saving mode
● Added a toggle for displaying keyboard when entering app drawer
● Added Icon pull-down gesture
● Added From Sunset to Sunrise option of eye comfort
● Added shortcuts at the bottom of Battery settings
● Added shortcuts at the bottom of Security settings
● Fixed the probabilistic issue of unable to adjust the color temperature after turning off eye comfort
● Fixed the probabilistic screen flicker when entering the album
● Fixed the probabilistic crash issue when browsing in the album
● Fixed the probabilistic freezing issue of Clone Phone
New updates are added on September 23, 2020: September patch is now live for the Realme 5 Pro users which arrives with version number RMX1971EX_11_C.07 and the size of the update is 467 MB. The update adds tons of new features like super nighttime feature, deep cleanup feature, default audio recording, time display option, OTG switch, and several other features as well. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
Android Security Patch: September 2020
- Realme Lab
Added Super nighttime standby feature and improved standby performance
Added default audio recording device options
Added Deep Cleanup feature and improved background cleaning ability
Added a return button in screenshot preview
Added long press to copy IMEI in the status information interface
Added automatic download option for app updates when connected to Wi-Fi
Added time display options for the status bar
Added shortcuts at the bottom of security settings
Added shortcuts at the bottom of other settings
Optimized the experience in Wi-Fi settings
- Status bar
Added the OTG switch
Optimized the pop-up window for system updates notification
Optimized “Mute-Bell-Vibrate” icon state
Added auto scrolling feature in scrolling screenshot
Fixed the probabilistic issue in scrolling screenshot
Added the feature of long press the icon to uninstall the app in the drawer mode
Fixed the font size issue of charging animation
Fixed the probabilistic stalling issue while using front camera in SLO-MO mode
Fixed the issue that the fingerprint names are set to default when restarting the system in Multi-User mode
Fixed the crashing issue of the search field in app list
New updates are added on July 31, 2020: The July 2020 security update is now rolling out for the Realme 5 Pro. The update brings the July 2020 security patch along with some feature like smooth scrolling, multi-user interface, optimized screen recording, and also fixes some of the bugs on the device. It arrives with version number RMX1971EX_11_C.05 and weighs in around 493 MB in size. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
● Android security patch: July, 2020
- realme Lab
● Added the smooth scrolling feature
● Added multi-user feature
- Screen recording
● Optimized screen recording feature
● Optimized the transparency of swipe back gesture style
● Optimized Bluetooth being turned off when flight mode is turned on mechanisam
● Fixed some known issues and improved system stability
New updates are added on June 14, 2020: June 2020 security patch is now rolling out for the Realme 5 Pro. The update bumps the security patch level to June 2020. One thing to note is that the company has skipped the May 2020 security patchset for the device and has simply pushed the latest June patch. The update also adds PaySa, Realme Link, new charging animations, decimal charging animation, new settings, and several optimization features as well. The update arrives with version number RMX1971EX_11.C.04 and weighs in around 459 MB in size. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
Updated Andriod security patch June 2020
Added realme PaySa (India)
Added realme Link
Added charging animation on the lock screen
Added charging decimal display on the lock screen while charging
Modified default state of power saving mode auto-off switch
Modified default state of screen brightness reduction switch in power saving mode
Optimized transparency of the slide back gesture style
Optimized screen recording icon size
New updates are added on May 1, 2020: The April 2020 security patch is now rolling out for the Realme 5 Pro smartphone. It arrives with version number RMX1971EX_11_C.03 and weighs in around 340 MB in size. The update along with the latest April 2020 security patch also adds DocVault, fixes audio issues, adds smart sidebar and much more. Here is the complete changelog of the update.
● Android security patch: April, 2020
● Added DocVault ID feature(India)
- Known issue fixed
● Optimized audio quality for third-party apps
● Added arrow to the right of the list of recent location information requests in dark mode
● Fixed the issue that the prompt tone appears every time when the client plays music
● Fixed the issue that the alarm is automatically turned off after being cleared by the background task
● Added SmartSideBar Feature For Europe region
New updates added on March 16, 2020: The Realme UI (Android 10) update for the Realme Q (also known as Realme 5 Pro) in China. The update arrives with the version number C.02 and brings tons of new features like the smart sidebar, new screenshot features, navigation gestures, etc. Check out the complete changelog of the update, below:
• Added UI upgrade to realme UI
• New authentic design is newly upgraded, the vision is more shocking, the operation is more efficient, and the experience is more natural
• Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operation experience
• Optimized the smart sidebar, replaced the document table with file management, and removed the ultra-clear visual effects and notifications to not disturb shortcut tools
• Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen
• Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hide” settings
• Optimized floating window mode adaptation range, more applications support floating window opening
• Added floating window bubble function, support fast expansion / collapse of floating window
• Optimized three-finger screen capture, you can press and slide with three fingers to select the screen capture area.
• Added screenshot settings, which can adjust the position of the preview floating window, set the prompt sound, etc.
• Optimize screenshots to preview floating windows, pull down to share, and pull up floating windows for long screenshots
“Navigation Gesture 3.0”
• Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
• Added focus mode to help block outside interruptions while working or studying
• New charging animation style
• Optimize the control center interaction, making the one-handed operation experience more friendly
• Added screen recording pause function
• Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
• Added global delete sound effects, calculator key sound, compass pointing sound feedback
• Optimize built-in ringtone resources
• Added accessibility TalkBack hover tips
• New Recent Tasks management page, including recent task display memory information switch and application lock management
• Optimize game space visual interaction
• Optimize game space startup animation
• New interactive live wallpaper
• Added Art + static wallpaper
• Added desktop sliding settings, which can be customized to open the global search or notification center
• New desktop icon customization, you can customize icon size, shape and style
• Optimized password unlocking vision, more convenient for one-handed unlocking
• Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
• Added simple desktop mode, larger font icons, more concise and clear
• Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, and make information more secure
• Added calculator window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
• Added recording trimming function, which can trim existing recordings to obtain important clips
• Added alarm clock dynamic weather ringtones, matching different ringtones according to the weather of the day
• Added weather animation effects, showing different motion effects according to different weather
• Optimize camera interaction and enhance operation experience
• Optimized camera countdown interaction and prompt sound
• Optimize album and album interaction, make the hierarchy clearer and find pictures more convenient
• Added album recommendation, supports more than 80 types of scene recognition
• Added realme mutual transmission, mutual transmission support with oppo, vivo, Xiaomi devices
• Optimize phonebook vision for a more concise and efficient experience
• Optimized search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
• Added dual-mode music sharing feature in realme lab.
The users of the Reame Q who wants to update their device right away can download the APK from here and install it on their devices to grab the update package file faster than the normal OTA.
New updates added on February 29, 2020: Today we have added the firmware link to download the official Android 10 update for Realme 5 Pro with version RMX1971EX_11_C.01. Follow our guide on how to install Realme firmware on any Realme smartphone manually.
- Download RMX1971EX_11_C.01: Download
New updates added on February 28, 2020: As promised, Realme has rolled out the official Android 10 update to Realme 5 Pro with version RMX1971EX_11_C.01. The update is skinned under Realme UI which is merged with both Android 10 and Realme features. You can grab the download link and install the update manually on your device.
According to Realme twitter handle, this update will also bring the VoWiFi support for Airtel and Jio users in India.
Hey, the realme UI update for realme 5 Pro with the VoWiFi feature is in a staged rollout process and will soon be available on your device. Thanks!🙂
— realme India Support (@realmecareIN) February 28, 2020
As you can see the update is now live and there are reports of users who has already received the update of Android 10 on Realme 5 Pro under Realme Ui.
— ماجد اندرويد (@majedandroid) February 28, 2020
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
● Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
We will soon share the full download link to manually install the firmware on your device.
New updates added on February 27, 2020: Today Realme has started rolling a new firmware for the Realme 5 Pro which should b the last Android 9.0 Pie version. This version to fix Android 10 incompatibility and to ensure a smooth upgrade process. The update is hitting Realme 5 Pro users with version RMX1971EX_11_A.17.
You can now download and install the RMX1971EX_11_A.17 version manually on your device. As per the changelog, this version fixes the upgrade related issues to ensure the upgrade to Android Q successfully. Download the firmware here and flash the Realme firmware on your device manually.
Realme’s official statement regarding the Realme Q/ Realme 5 Pro beta test in a Chinese forum
— Update on February 27 —
Early adopter system is being pushed
—- Updated on the 26th —-
At 9:30 this morning, the first 500 real fans who have filled out the registration questionnaire have sent in the registration via SMS, and this batch of real fans will receive the early preview of realme UI early at around 15:00 this afternoon.
It is expected that around 17:00 pm, the remaining 1500 real fans will receive registration through SMS, and this batch of real fans will receive the early preview of realme UI on the 27th.
New updates added on February 21, 2020: Responding to a user query on when the Realme UI and Android 10 update for the Realme X will arrive, the official Twitter handle of Realme India Support, stated that the update will start pushing out from the last week of February.
Thank you for reaching out to us. We would like to inform you that we will start releasing realme UI update in batches for realme X from the last week of February onwards. Keep following our social media handles and official community portal for our latest updates.
New updates added on February 18, 2020: According to a recent development, in response to a query for the Android 10 update for the Realme 5 Pro, Realme India Support has cleared the air that the device won’t get a beta version of Realme UI instead it will be directly updated from Android 9 to Android 10. In fact, there are several other Realme devices that are not going to be a part of the beta program and will directly be updated like the Realme X.
Hey, realme UI Beta Program will not be available for realme 5 Pro. Keep following our threads for further announcements regarding the release of the stable update of realme UI for your device. Thanks!🙂
New updates added on February 15, 2020: Finally, the Android 10 beta registrations for the Realme 5 Pro which is also known as Realme Q in China has begun. Users who are interested to enjoy the latest features like focus mode, dual-mode music sharing, three-finger screenshot, etc with Realme UI and Android 10 can register themselves by heading here. Note that the announcement was made on the Weibo platform by Realme’s official handle and users can now register themselves till February 23.
Keep in mind that this beta registration is only open for users in China and is limited to 2000 people. Here is the registration entry link to get yourself enrolled. Successful applicants will be notified via a message on February 26 followed by an OTA update to Android 10 beta beginning from February 27.
Realme has a lot of smartphones that are sold in the home country of China are also bein launched in India. For instance, Realme Q is sold in China while its Indian variant is called Realme 5 Pro. In fact, Realme has been been on top of its game in India thanks to the brilliant performance of Realme 5 Pro in India back in 2019. And for those who were waiting for the Android 10 (Realme UI) update on their Realme 5 Pro then, the update might hit the units on February 14 for beta users. Moreover, going by the Android 10 update roadmap for Realme devices, Realme 5 Pro is expected to get the update in Q1 2020.
But going by the Realme support in China, the Realme Q/Realme 5 Pro will get the Realme UI update starting from February 14 for early adopters.
Notably, all the realme devices will be updated to Realme UI which is based on Android 10. Realme UI is the latest custom skin that Realme has decided to bring in for their devices ditching the ColorOS. It includes enhanced system up-gradation, improved smoother gaming graphics, a better RAM Management, new video & vlogging experience, etc. It will also bring the options to customize app icons, fonts style & size, etc that we’ve already seen on ColorOS 7. Just like the ColorOS 7, the new Realme UI will also offer system-wide dark mode, improved notification center, gestures navigation, improved app permissions, privacy & location control, camera optimization, focus mode, etc.
Besides, going by the Android 10 update roadmap, Realme Q is going to be updated soon in China which also suggests that Realme 5 Pro will also be served with the Android 10 update pretty soon. We will keep you posted once we have more information in this regard. In the meantime do check out the Realme section to read more about Realme smartphones.