Updated on January 28, 2021: Realme rolled the January 2021 security patch for the Realme 5 Pro in India with software version RMX1971EX_11.C.11. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on November 22, 2020: Today Realme rolled the November 2020 security patch for the device with build number RMX1971EX_11.C.08. There is no update on when this device will receive the Android 11 update yet.
Realme 5 Pro is one of the budget all-rounder smartphones from Realme that was launched in September 2019. It came with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box and already received one major Android OS update e,g Android 10 on the top of Realme UI. Recently, Google has released the Android 11 Public Beta for the Google Pixel devices except for the 1st-gen Pixel models. While some other smartphone brands are also in the list of pushing Android 11 early beta update to its devices. Here we’ve shared the details of Realme 5 Pro Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update.
The release of Android 11 stable version is not so far from now and the Realme 5 Pro users are very much excited about it. If you’re also one of them and want to know more about the upcoming Realme UI 2.0 update then check out the details below. There is no doubt that Realme is going to push the Android 11 early beta program to its eligible devices and then the Realme UI 2.0 stable update will be released for all those devices in batches via a scheduled timeline.
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in Realme UI 2.0?
Realme UI 2.0 is an upcoming custom skin version (stock ROM) for the Realme devices that will run on Android 11 OS and includes all the native Android 11 features as well. As it’s a successor version of the Realme UI (ColorOS 7), we will gonna receive a much-improved version in all aspects this time. Realme India CMO Francis Wang has confirmed that the Realme UI 2.0 is under development process and the OEM is working hard on it to bring more & more features.
Though Android 10 was released almost nine months ago, there are a couple of OEMs still trying to push the Android 10 Beta and stable update within the mentioned timeframe for its eligible devices. Meantime, the Android 11 Beta has been released recently by Google and available for Pixel 2nd-gen or later models officially. While some other brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Realme, OnePlus are expecting to push the Android 11 based early beta program for its eligible models very soon. Similarly, Realme has announced the beta recruitment program for the Realme X2 Pro recently.
Realme 5 Pro Specifications: Overview
Realme 5 Pro comes with a 6.3-inches IPS LCD display, 1080×2340 pixels resolution, a 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection, 450 nits brightness, etc. It packs a Snapdragon 712 SoC, Adreno 616 GPU, 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage with a dedicated microSD card option. It came with Android 9.0 Pie and updated to Android 10 (Realme UI) a couple of months ago.
There is a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. While the device packs a 16MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR, Panorama mode. It has a 4,035mAh battery with 20W fast (VOOC 3.0) charging support.
In terms of the connectivity options, the device features a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, etc. On the other side, it has multiple sensors like a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
Will Realme 5 Pro Receive the Android 11 Update?
Realme has only announced the Android 11 Beta update for the Realme X50 Pro model initially. However, as the time goes on, more and more devices will be included in the list. Realme CMO has mentioned that all the Realme devices are capable of receiving two major Android updates. Therefore, Realme 5 Pro has received only one Android update (Android 10) and one more Android update is pending (Android 11).
However, there is no official statement available yet by Realme for the Realme 5 Pro Realme UI 2.0 update. To recall, Realme UI 2.0 is the successor version of the last year’s Realme UI 1.0 that is based on Android 10. The company is still busy pushing the Android 10 update to some of its pending devices. We may have to wait for a while and keep visiting this article for more info.