Updates added on September 4, 2020: A new update is live for all the Realme 6 Pro users. Notably, the update brings the August 2020 security patchset for the device. Furthermore, there are tons of new features and enhancements packed with this new update for the Realme 6 Pro. The update arrives with version number RMX2061_11.A.31 and is rolling out via OTA in batches. So, if you have not yet received the update on your phone, then it should probably on its way. Talk about new features, it brings a Super nighttime standby feature, smooth scrolling feature, super Power Saving Mode, Deep cleanup feature, and much more. Here is the complete changelog of this new update for the Realme 6 Pro:
● Android Security Patch: August 2020
● Added the Super nighttime standby feature
● Added the smooth scrolling feature
● Added Super Power Saving Mode
● Added long press to copy IMEI in the status information interface
● Added Deep cleanup feature in Process Manager
● Added Icon Pull-down gesture feature in launcher settings
● Added OTG Switch toggle to notification panel
● Added independent Switch toggles of focus mode
● Optimized “Mute-Bell-Vibrate” icon state
● Optimized viewing for system update prompt pop-up window
● Optimized flight mode, Bluetooth status will not be affected after flight mode is turned on
● Optimized Russian translation issue of the carrier in the status bar
● Optimized the Russian translation issue of the calculator
● Fixed font display issue of charging animation
● Fixed the probabilistic lagging issue of video recording after blurring the background
Updates added on July 2, 2020: The latest June 2020 security update for the Realme 6 Pro brought in several other features for the phone. This piece of information was shared by Realme on its official community website. As per the post, it brings in Realme Link app, Widevine L1 support for HD streaming, AutoPlay in Game Space, and improved screen on time for the phone. Moreover, you also get Create feature in Gallery to make collage and videos in the Soloop app directly from your Gallery. For the complete list of features that this new June 2020 security update brings in for the Realme 6 Pro, you can head here.
Realme is a brand that believes in bringing in more smartphones every year and this year also, the Chinese OEM is on the same path. We are in the Q1 of 2020 and Realme has already brought in 3-4 smartphones here in India. Recently, the Realme came up with the Realme 6 and 6 Pro smartphones that are powered by newer chipsets and sport the much-hyped 90 Hz refresh rate display along with 30W fast charging support. However, there is a slight difference as you would have noticed in the name of the phones, the Realme 6 Pro gets the extra bag of features like the Snapdragon 720G processor paired with 6/8 GB of RAM.
On the other hand, the younger sibling, the Realme 6 gets the MediaTek G90T chipset. The Realme 6 Pro also houses dual-punch hole selfie shooters and a bigger display at 6.6-inch. Both the phones come with Android 10 with Realme UI on top. And making things merrier for the Realme 6 and 6 Pro users, the Chinese OEM also included the Widevine L1 certification with both the devices that are required for the devices to be able to run content from Netflix and Amazon Prime in full HD i.e. 1080p. There are several devices that do not support the Full HD 1080p streaming due to lack of Widevine L1 certification.
However, if we go by a recent report by one of the users, even after being Widevine L1 certified, both the devices are not able to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime content in 1080p. Check out the tweet below:
It is unclear what is the reason behind this issue but this should be sorted out as the devices are well capable of running video content on full HD on both Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. We will keep you posted once we have more information about this development. In the meantime, do check out our website for such similar stories.