OnePlus finally unveiled the brand new OnePlus 5T which sports an edge to edge display with a ratio of 18:9. If you are here, then you probably may be wondering how to Enter Recovery Mode on OnePlus 5T. The smartphone was launched in November 2017. It came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and packed powerful specs under the hood.
Talking about the specification, The OnePlus 5T still sports a Snapdragon 835 chip paired with a 6/8GB LPDDR4X memory and 64/128GB UFS2.1 storage, 3300mAh battery supporting Dash Charge, and it runs on Oxygen OS 4.7 based on Android 7.1.1. This handset is also known for its great camera performance provided due to the 16MP Sony IMX398 and 20MP Sony IMX376K sensors. They come with an aperture of f/1.7, dual-color warm flashlight, DCAF dual-core support, and 4K video recording support at 30fps. At last, the OnePlus 5T also features a 16MP front shooter using a Sony IMX371 sensor with an aperture of f/2.0 and pixel size of 1.0 microns.
- Download OnePlus 5T Latest USB Drivers
- OnePlus 5T Stock Firmware Collections
- Common Problems Of OnePlus 5T and Fixes
In this guide, we will help you to Install Custom ROM, Mods and even customize your OnePlus 5T. Well, before starting let me make things more clear to you. Recovery Mode is the core center where you can customize your phone, install new Custom OS, Installing Kernel and mods etc. Use the following guide to find out how exactly you can access the built-in recovery mode on OnePlus 5T. The recovery mode is built-in to all Android devices. Whereas if you have TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T, you can access the same TWRP Recovery mode using this guide below.
Recovery mode on OnePlus 5T will also allow you to take a complete backup of any OS running on your phone (both custom ROM and Stock ROM). You can even enter recovery mode on OnePlus 5T to perform the factory reset, restore the backup or even root your device, this is where you go.
OnePlus 5T is an amazing device but like other Android gadgets, it can also face issues due to bugs and other similar issues. Recovery mode can simply be enabled if you follow the guidelines from a command line or by a simple combination of key presses. In the Recovery mode, you will find several tools that are useful in repairing your OnePlus 5T easily. Thanks to the open source nature of Android that enable users to perform this task.
Steps to Enter Recovery Mode on OnePlus 5T
Open Recovery Mode by Hardware Key
- First of all, turn off your OnePlus 5T simply.
- Once off, press the power and volume down button together for some time.
- This will turn the device on and you need to hold both the buttons till the OnePlus 5T logo disappears.
- After this, simply wait for the time till your device boots into the recovery mode.
Advanced User – Enter Recovery Mode using ADB Fastboot Method
- First of all, Install ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC.
- Now enable the Developer Option: To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Go back to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Now open the ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC, and press SHIFT KEY and Right Mouse to open the command window.
- Now type the command given below, to enter into recovery on OnePlus 5T.
adb reboot recovery
- That’s it! Your phone will boot into recovery.
It must be kept in mind that the process of booting a smartphone into Recovery Mode is almost similar in every Android device. In case you press a wrong button or feel you did something wrong, you are free to press the capacitive button which is next to the home button on your device. Actually, this will take you to the precedent menu. Sometimes users select the wrong language by mistake and face issues. Thus we found it worth mentioning here.