Finally, Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (sakura) has started rolling Android 9.0 Pie stable update based on MIUI 10. The stable build is currently rolling for Redmi 6 Pro China variant which comes with all MIUI 10 features along with Android 9.0 Pie feature. Now you can download and install the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update.
The update is currently available to download and install manually on your phone. It can take a few days or weeks for Xiaomi to start rolling the official beta update via OTA. Once the Xiaomi started rolling, you can manually check for the software update by going to Settings > About phone > System update. This way you can upgrade your device to Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update.
The update is simple and easy to follow. You can either upgrade via normal local upgrade option under the software update option or you can install the zip file via TWRP Recovery.
MIUI V10.3.2.0.PDMMIXM Changelog
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to May 2019. Increased system security.
- Android 9.0 update
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
- Fix: LED light didn’t blink when battery was low
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Home screen
- Fix: Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
MIUI 8.11.15 China Beta ROM Changelog
- Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Application lock
- Added support for unlocking apps via face
- Lock screen, status bar, notification bar
- Optimize to set the status bar height equal to the height of the bangs
- Fix timer page button click flashing problem
- Fix the problem that the clock flashes on a special date
- Fix the problem that the calculator crashes when the small love classmate is not turned on.
- Add cloudy and smog animation
- Optimize 15-day trend interface adaptation
- Optimize large font and screen density related issues
- Optimize settings page for system apps and more apps for copywriting and icons
- After fixing the font adjustment, the icon shows an abnormal problem.
- Game acceleration
- Added phone floating window function to support the phone connected in the game to use the floating window to display the on state
- Other features are:
- New Recent menu for those who are upgrading from MIUI 9
- New AI Portrait option in the camera
- Scan Paytm QR Code and Pay from Camera App
- New nature-inspired notification audio
- Redesigned quick settings and notifications shade
- New quick menus in Messages
- MIUI Lab
- New Volume slider UI
- and many more.
Download MIUI Stable Pie ROM:
- MIUI V10.3.2.0.PDMMIXM: Recovery ROM
- MIUI V10.3.1.0.PDICNXM: Recovery ROM
- MIUI 9.3.28 Weekly ROM: Recovery ROM
- MIUI 9.3.28 Weekly ROM: Fastboot ROM
Steps to Install Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update manually
Make sure to download the pre-required downloadable files and drivers.
- Supported only on Redmi 6 Pro (sakura)
- Your Redmi 6 Pro should have at least a 60% charge left.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers [Required drivers for the 2nd Method in the guide]
- You also need to Download Mi Flash tool Application [for 2nd method]
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 6 Pro [You can flash recovery ROM using TWRP]
- Make sure that you take a full backup of everything on your device.
- An active internet connection.
Once you have downloaded the above file for your Redmi 6 Pro (sakura), you are all set to install it on your device.
How to Install MIUI on Redmi 6 Pro (sakura)
A quick note: Make sure that you follow every step carefully. If you didn’t follow any step, then you might end up bricking your Redmi 6 Pro. GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
With that being said, let us now take a look at steps to Install MIUI on Redmi 6 Pro (sakura). Here is the guide you need to follow to Install MIUI on Redmi 6 Pro:
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Specifications:
Redmi 6 Pro features a 5.84-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi 6 Pro comes with Dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.