Do you want to install Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (codename: whyred)? then, here is the complete update about the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Talking about the specifications, Redmi Note 5 Pro features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with 12+5MP and 20MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Table of Contents
- 1 When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi Note 5 Pro?
- 2 What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
- 3 Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi Note 5 Pro?
- 4 What’s Working and What’s Not
When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Xiaomi launched this device on February 2018 with Android 7.1.2 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo under the hood of MIUI 10. There is no official word whether this device will receive Android Pie update. Good news is that, you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred).
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0&t=10s” controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi Note 5 Pro?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
What’s Working and What’s Not
[su_note note_color=”#fefce9″ text_color=”#000000″]
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Maybe more I haven’t tested everything, let me know
- Hardware encryption
- Supported on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) – Snapdragon variant.
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Recognized developer akhilnarang]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package.
Instructions to Install on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- You can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi Note 5 Pro.