The Redmi Note 7(codename-lavender) is currently getting a massive software update with build V126.96.36.199.PFGINXM. This update is for the Indian variant of the device and it is based on Android 9.0 Pie. The latest update brings the November 2019 security patch, optimization for full-screen devices improves touch control and optimizes the speed of Mi-Share. It also brings game turbo and new design and more options for the App Vault. To know more about the latest update, you can refer to the complete official changelog posted in this guide.
Although users will receive the software update, over-the-air, it will be rolling in a phase-wise manner. So, if you wish for an instant update instead, then we also have the Recovery ROM and the Fastboot ROM, which you can manually install and update your Redmi Note 7 to the PFGINXM build.
So, here is the official changelog for the V188.8.131.52.PFGINXM update for the Redmi Note 7.
Check OTA Update Manually
Like we mentioned that OTA will be out in phases, so, you may not get to see the update right away. So, instead of waiting, why not manually search for the update.? To do it, go to the device Settings menu > tap on About Phone > select Software Update.
If the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 Indian Stable ROM (V220.127.116.11.PFGINXM) update is available, then tap on the Download and Install. Wait while the update installation takes place and your device will reboot automatically with the new software.
- Device Name: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 [lavender]
- Region: India
- Software Version: MIUI V18.104.22.168.PFGINXM
- Android OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Security Patch Level: November 2019
In case, the above procedure doesn’t work, then the next workaround is to manually flash the PFGINXM update via recovery or Fastboot method.
Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 7 [V126.96.36.199.PFGINXM]
- This ROM file is for Redmi Note 7 (Indian Variant) only. Don’t try it on any other Xiaomi devices.
- Fully charge your device or at least keep above 60% to skip accidental shut down during the installation process.
- Make sure to take a full backup of the device data without Root.
- You will require a Windows/Mac PC or Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- We assume that you have already download and installed the Xiaomi USB Driver and Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Indian Stable ROM for Redmi Note 7
There are two ways to install the ROM zip manually on the Redmi Note 7. Either by flashing the recovery ROM or by using the Fastboot ROM. We have put up a detailed guide on the same along with a video tutorial to provide you with a practical approach. Check this out.How to install MIUI 11 based Recovery or Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Device Video tutorial to Install latest MIUI 11 Software by Fastboot Method
That’s about it. If you are based out of the Indian region and use the Redmi Note 7, then watch out for the incoming OTA update. Otherwise, to update now, download the ROM and flash it using our guide. We hope that this tutorial was useful o you.