With the introduction of the Galaxy S20 series that includes the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra, one of the best things that Samsung did, apart from throwing all the latest specs to the devices, is the removal of the dedicated Bixby button. To be frank, Bixby is nowhere near to the usefulness and lacks various features that we are accustomed to doing with the Google Assistant. Bixby is still in its early stages where it needs to go through several refinements and tweaks before being called an alternative to the Google Assistant and let alone having a dedicated button for itself.
Although there is no dedicated Bixby button on the Galaxy S20 series phones, with the help of one app, you can remap the power or Bixby button to any action on the handsets. Those who do not know, for some unknown and weird reasons, the default action that the power button does is to launch the Bixby instead of showing the Power menu. And in today’s post, we will give you the app along with the features that you can do with it. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
SideActions – Overview
The name of the app that we are talking so heavily about is the sideActions app. It is developed by XDA Senior member Jawomo and it lets you remap the power button to perform some other actions like opening any app, etc. Not only this, but you can also easily remap the Volume buttons on your Galaxy S20 series phones to skip tracks or do whatever you like. You can download the app by clicking the link below:
Features and Actions
Here is the list of features and actions that you can set your Power button to perform from the app:
- Double and long press supported!
- Remap the Power Button / side key on Galaxy S20!
- Launch Google Assistant with the Power Button
- Remap the Volume buttons!
- Per app remapping
- Turn on the flashlight with the Power Button
- Disable the Power Button
- Skip tracks with the volume buttons
- High performance! No lags!
- No annoying ads
- Turn on flashlight
- Take a screenshot
- Mute phone
- Answer phone calls
- Launch Google Assistant
- Launch camera or any other app
- Switch to last app
- Disable the Power Button
- 35+ actions
- Download the sideActions app on your phone.
- Grant all the permissions it asks.
- You need to set up and enable Bixby in order to use sideActions app.
- Now under the main page of the sideActions app, select the Power button to remap the button. Note that there are three options but in order to unlock the other two options, you need to purchase the app for $2.99.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to remap the Bixby or power button. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!