Whether you’re selling your old iPhone, trading it in for a new model, troubleshooting any issue, or sending it away for repairs, it’s important that you remove the phone’s SIM card. There is a huge number of fixes that can be performed by removing and reinserting the SIM card. Here, in this article, we will discuss the necessary and safe steps to remove SIM card from iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
Generally speaking, mobile phones manufactured in 2014 or earlier will have a removable back cover and battery. Phones like the older Android devices did have a cover that will need to be removed to insert or change a SIM card. But this is never the case with iPhones, it always equipped with the non-removable battery option.
A SIM card also referred to as a subscriber identity module may be an open-end credit that stores identification information that pinpoints a smartphone to a selected mobile network. Data that SIM cards contain include user identity, location and telephone number, network authorization data, personal security keys, contact lists, and stored text messages.
SIM cards allow a mobile user to use this data and therefore the features that accompany them. Without a SIM card, some phones wouldn’t be ready to make calls, hook up with internet services like 4G LTE, or send SMS messages. SIM cards are removable and have anywhere from, 32KB to 128KB.
Steps to Remove SIM card from iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- Either you can switch off your handset or just lock the screen for your ease.
- Just take the SIM ejector tool/pin which has been provided by the company with your device. (You will find it in the box package) Alternatively, you can also use a paperclip.
- On the lower right side of the iPhone 11 series, you will see a pin-hole for the SIM tray. Put the SIM ejector pin inside that hole and push the ejector pin gently towards the device.
- The SIM tray will pop-up. Just pull out the tray > remove the SIM card > clean both the SIM and tray using a cloth to wipe any dust or liquid.
Steps to Re-Insert SIM card on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- After following the above steps, you need to put the SIM back into the tray properly according to the indicator.
- Now, insert the SIM tray properly and gently into the tray port again.
- Gently push the tray until it closed completely.
- Now, you will see the network indicator on your device screen.
- That’s it.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Remove SIM card from iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Follow them carefully to get benefits of the feature on your iPhone 8 Series. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.