Huawei Y6 2018 (codename: atu) launched in April 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. If you love custom ROM, then you may have heard about Resurrection Remix. Finally, It’s available for Huawei Y6 2018 device now! This ROM is currently built by using the Resurrection Remix GSI build which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can now install Resurrection Remix on Huawei Y6 2018 (atu).
Huawei Y6 2018 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Y6 2018 comes with 13MP with LED flash rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies with LED flash. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
Full Credits to XDA Senior member iDecrypt for sharing this ROM on XDA forum. Also Thanks to Resurrection Remix team and community.
Now you can install Resurrection Remix on Huawei Y6 2018 by following our guide below. The guide is simple and easy. To flash this ROM, you need TWRP Recovery on your phone. If your phone is running TWRP, then you can simply download and flash the Resurrection Remix on Huawei Y6 2018 (atu).
What is Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
- Here are the Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Huawei Y6 2018
To install the ROM on your phone, first, you need to install TWRP Recovery. Then download and move the ROM zip file to Huawei Y6 2018.Watch The Latest Resurrection Remix Video
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Supported device: Huawei Y6 2018
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- USB Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take A Full backUP: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium backup
How to backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Y6 2018
- Download ADB and Fastboot Zip file
- Nandroid backup: If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid backup via TWRP
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.