Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G (picasso) launched in December 2019. The handset came with Android 10 Q. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Redmi K30 5G which is currently based on Android 10 Q. The update brings all new Android Q features and software version bumps to RR 8.x.x.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After the Android 9.0 Pie update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 10 known as Resurrection Remix 8.x.x or RR 8.x.x. The update is currently live for Redmi K30 5G and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Redmi K30 5G by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Redmi K30 5G, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
The device comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution. The display has HDR10 and 120Hz refresh rate support along with the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset, coupled with Adreno 620 GPU. It packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage options (expandable up to 256GB via a hybrid slot). The Redmi K30 5G runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10. Now, talking about the camera department, the device sports a dual selfie camera setup of a 20MP (wide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor. Whereas the rear has quad cameras that include 64MP (wide, f/1.9) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (dedicated macro camera, f/2.4) + a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor. It has PDAF, HDR, Panorama, dual-LED flash, and more.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 10.
What’s on Android 10 (Q)?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Redmi K30 5G:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Redmi K30 5G
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Unlock bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi K30 5G
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G
- Common Problems in Xiaomi Redmi K30 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G based on Android 10 Q
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi K30 5G.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi K30 5G.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi K30 5G.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Redmi K30 5G.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Redmi K30 5G.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Redmi K30 5G successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.