When it comes to an online gaming platform as well as the game creation system by the users then there is nothing better than Roblox, powered by Roblox Corporation. It’s an ultimate virtual universe where players can play millions of video games and share experiences with friends. You can also create your own games with the help of the Roblox system which is the best part. However, some players are experiencing the Roblox “This Content Cannot Be Selected at This Time” Error on PS4 and PS5 consoles.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter the specific error on your PlayStation consoles while playing Roblox games then you’re not alone and there is nothing to worry about. In most scenarios, this particular ‘this content cannot be selected at this time’ error message appears on both the PS4 and PS5 consoles which indicates you need to wait until the content is available in your region. Well, this may be frustrating a lot if you have a friend from another country/time zone.
- Fix: Roblox “This Content Cannot Be Selected at This Time” Error on PS4 and PS5
- 1. Restart Your PS4/PS5 Console
- 2. Power Cycle the PlayStation Consoles
- 3. Check the Internet Connection
- 4. Check the PlayStation Network Status
- 5. Update the PlayStation Software
- 6. Update the Roblox Game
- 7. Ensure You’re Signed Into a Valid Account
- 8. Restore Your PlayStation Licenses
- 9. Try Using a VPN Service
- 10. Wait for a Couple of Hours and Try Again
- 11. Deactivate and Reactivate Your Account
- 12. Wait Until the Content is Available in Your Region
- 13. Reinstall Roblox
- 14. Contact Roblox and PlayStation Support
Fix: Roblox “This Content Cannot Be Selected at This Time” Error on PS4 and PS5
However, do keep in mind that not all online PlayStation Stores open their payment gateway or digital distribution services at the same time. So, depending on the specific time zones, you and your friends will have to try performing the purchasing tasks. Not all online PlayStation Stores open their virtual doors at the same time. Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some of the potential workarounds that should come in handy.
Make sure to follow all methods until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart Your PS4/PS5 Console
First of all, you’ll need to simply reboot your PS4/PS5 console by following the steps below to ensure there is no temporary glitch or cache issue present on the system.
- Press the PS button on the DualSense controller to open the quick menu.
- Scroll over to the Power icon and select it.
- Now, select the Power icon again.
- Choose Restart PS4/PS5.
- Press the X button on the DualSense controller.
Note: If the console is frozen, you can press the Power button on the console directly.
2. Power Cycle the PlayStation Consoles
Sometimes issues with the temporary glitch on the console device can eventually trigger multiple conflicts with the in-game content purchasing or server connectivity. It’s better to perform a simple power cycle method on your gaming device to ensure that the problem has been fixed or not. To do that:
- Just power off the console completely > Unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Wait for around a couple of minutes then plug back the power cable in.
- Finally, power on the console, and launch the game again to check for the issue.
3. Check the Internet Connection
You should try checking out the internet connection at your end no matter whether you’re using Wi-Fi or wired (ethernet). If in case, you have a poor internet connection or an unstable one, make sure to contact your service provider to increase the data speed or change the IP address to fix the networking connectivity issue. You should try switching to the wired (ethernet) connection from wireless (Wi-Fi) or vice versa to cross-check it.
4. Check the PlayStation Network Status
In some cases, issues with the PlayStation Network (PSN) services can also trouble you during server connectivity or online content purchasing. It’s a better idea to check for the PSN Status using this link to ensure if there is a server connectivity issue with the PlayStation Network or not. At the time of writing this article, there is no server downtime or outage present with PSN. So, if there is no issue at the moment you’re trying then skip to the next method.
Otherwise, kindly wait for a couple of hours and then try purchasing the in-game store content on your PlayStation console to check for the error again. Meanwhile, you should follow the @AskPlayStation Twitter handle to get more updates and server downtime info.
5. Update the PlayStation Software
Sometimes issues with outdated system software can also cause conflicts with in-game content downloading or purchasing issues up to some extent. You should always update the system software on your device to keep away potential bugs or compatibility issues whatsoever. To do that:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Ensure to check for available updates.
- If there is a new update available, follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
6. Update the Roblox Game
You should update the game to check whether the problem is appearing due to the outdated or corrupted game version or not. It’s needless to say the latest game update can bring bug fixes or compatibility improvements. To do so:
- From the home menu, open the game Library.
- Choose the Roblox game.
- Press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to install the update.
- Once done, restart the console to refresh the system.
7. Ensure You’re Signed Into a Valid Account
Ensure that you’ve entered the correct username and password for your valid PlayStation account to avoid payment-related issues or accessibility issues. If you’ve multiple PlayStation accounts then make sure to use the same valid account that has been used to purchase the Roblox game. Otherwise, account mismatch can prevent payment issues with the Roblox in-game content purchasing.
8. Restore Your PlayStation Licenses
Restoring licenses on PS5 syncs your game library info with information on the PlayStation server. It’s one of the best troubleshooting ways to fix issues with digital games. To restore licenses on your PlayStation console, check the steps below.
- Go to the Home screen > Go to Settings.
- Select Account Management.
- Select Other > Choose Restore Licenses.
- Choose Restore > Wait for the process to complete.
- Then restart the console and log in to the account again.
9. Try Using a VPN Service
You should also try using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service on the Wi-Fi router or the PlayStation console directly to check if the server connectivity issue still troubles you or not. Do keep in mind that using VPNs can be useful enough for connecting to the game servers or accessing online content without geo-restrictions. However, VPN services can increase ping delay or latency issues whatsoever.
10. Wait for a Couple of Hours and Try Again
It may also be possible that there is a temporary glitch present on the PlayStation Store or maybe your banking partner is having any technical issues at that moment. So, you can wait for a couple of hours and retry to cross-check the content purchasing issue.
11. Deactivate and Reactivate Your Account
Another thing you can do is to simply check if your PlayStation account has been activated or not on the console. To do so:
- Go to the Home screen > Head over to Settings.
- Select Account Management.
- If the console isn’t set as the primary device, select Activate as Your Primary PS4/PS5.
- Now, choose Activate and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, restart the console to check for the issue again.
Please Note: In case, the account is already activated then make sure to follow the same steps and deactivate it. Once deactivated, make sure to activate it again.
12. Wait Until the Content is Available in Your Region
It’s also suggested to wait until the Roblox content is available in the region that you’re trying to purchase at your end. After waiting for a couple of hours, make sure to keep trying to purchase the content continuously by pressing the X button on your controller. Multiple PS4/PS5 console users have found this workaround helpful.
13. Reinstall Roblox
If the above troubleshooting methods didn’t come in handy then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Roblox game on your PS4/PS5 console by following the steps below. This specific method will help in fixing the game installation issues because conflicts with the game installation can also trigger several issues. Though reinstalling the game isn’t a good idea, you should try it as a last resort.
To uninstall the game:
- Go to your Game Library on the PS4/PS5 console.
- Make sure you’re on the Installed tab.
- Locate the Roblox game that you want to delete.
- Now, press the Options button on your controller.
- Then select Delete and wait for the uninstallation process.
- Finally, reboot the console, and reinstall the game via PS Store.
To reinstall the game:
- Navigate to the Game Library > Go to Your Collection.
- Find the Roblox game.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Download and the game will automatically start downloading.
- Wait for it to install and you’re good to go.
14. Contact Roblox and PlayStation Support
Last but not least, you should make sure to contact PlayStation Support for additional assistance. You should ask the support team to create a ticket and quickly resolve this issue. Additionally, you can also contact Roblox Support to get further assistance on the content purchasing issue.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.