Last updated on August 7th, 2018 at 03:01 am
After the testing of Android P Developer preview, Google has finally started rolling the stable version of Android P. With the stable version, Google named the 9th iteration fo Android OS to be Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is only available for Pixel Supported device and other few Beta supported devices. So if you have installed Android 9.0 Pie and want to root Android Pie? then you are in the right place. Because Android Pie root is possible due to our friendly neighborhood XDA developer topjohnwu. He has now integrated the Android 9 Pie support on the Magisk. He shared the photo of a rooted device that is running on Android Pie over social media. Usually, it is not this soon we get to see root access being made available to any official Android OS. This is quite interesting.
Below you can find the download link to the latest version of the Magisk and Magisk Manager.With the help of that, you can root Android Pie on your smartphone. We have also given the step-by-step tutorial to root Android 9.0 Pie using Magisk. You can root Android Pie via two methods which we discussed in details below.
Download Latest Magisk and Magisk Manager To Root Android Pie
To successfully root Android Pie we need to download the latest version of Magisk and Magisk manager on your device. Here is the link for the same.
You May Also Like,
- Android P Stock wallpapers
- How To Install Android P Pixel Launcher
- Stock Ringtone,Notification tones from Android P
How to Root Android P Using Magisk
Before rooting Android P you have to follow these points.
- To Root your device with Android Pie 9.0 you have to install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Ensure your device has 70%-80% battery charge.
- Take a backup of your device data.
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows /Mac here.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking or damage to your device.
Steps To Root Android Pie on Your Smartphone Using Magisk
Like we said there would be two methods. The 1st method will be with TWRP Recovery and the 2nd one will be done using ADB and Fastboot tools.
1st Method: TWRP Recovery
- Download Magisk 16.1 Beta Update from the downloads section above.
- Transfer the Magisk Zip file you downloaded above to your device storage.
- Long press Power Button + Vol Down to Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, select the Magisk Zip File.
- Then Swipe to confirm flash to install the latest Magisk Update.
- To complete the process reboot your device.
2nd Method: Using ADB and Fastboot
Step-1 Download and install the latest Magisk Manager v5.6.2 APK.
Step-2 Then get the stock ‘boot.img‘ file of your device. If you are using a Nexus or a Pixel device, you can get it from the official sources. Alternatively, you can find it by extracting the Android 9 Pie Zip file you had downloaded.
Step-3 copy the ‘boot.img’ file of your device, to the device storage.
Step-4 Go to Magisk Manager > select ‘Settings‘ > Tap on ‘Update Channel‘ and select Beta.
Step-5 Go to Magisk Manager Home screen > Tap install > Tap install once Again to continue > Patch boot Image File.
Step-6 Now wait for sometime till Magisk patches it.
Step-7 In your device check for the Magisk Manager folder.
Step-8 Find the patched boot img file and copy it to the folder where ADB and fastboot are installed.
Step-9 In the same folder, hold Shift Key and Right Click > Select >‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
Step-10 Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop using a MicroUSB cable.
Step-11 Now to Reboot your device into Fastboot mode, execute the following command,
adb reboot bootloader
Step-12 Now to install the magisk update, enter the following command
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
Step-13 Now wait for sometimes as the flashing process will complete.
Step-14 finally to complete all the process, reboot your device. Give the following Powershell command.
So, that’s it. We have now successfully rooted Android 9 Pie. What are you waiting for..?! Go root Android 9.0 Pie on your device and enjoy.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest information and downloads about Android P.