Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root Doogee Y8 Plus. Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through root and to be able to control various aspects like clock, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root Doogee Y8 Plus.
Talking about the specifications, Doogee Y8 Plus features a 6.21-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1520 x 720 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 Processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Doogee Y8 Plus comes with a Dual 13MP + 8MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 4000mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. Doogee Y8 Plus also has a fingerprint sensor.
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. All you need to do is download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
- How to change language on Doogee Y8 Plus
- How to wipe cache partition on Doogee Y8 Plus
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Doogee Y8 Plus
- How to Enter Fastboot mode on Doogee Y8 Plus
- How to boot Doogee Y8 Plus into safe mode
- How to enable developer options and USB debugging on Doogee Y8 Plus
- How to Enter Recovery Mode on Doogee Y8 Plus [Stock and Custom]
Steps To Root Doogee Y8 Plus Using Magisk
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Doogee Y8 Plus only. Do not use it on any other Android devices.
- You need PC/Laptop with a micro USB cable to connect.
- Make sure that you download all the required files on your PC/Laptop
- Download ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- Download and Install Doogee USB Drivers.
- Download Latest Doogee Y8 Plus Stock ROM
- Download and Install SP Flash tool on your PC
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Doogee Y8 Plus
Follow the given link to install Patched Boot Image on Doogee Y8 Plus:How To Install the Patched Boot Image on MediaTek device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Doogee Y8 Plus, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- After extracting ADB fastboot tool, you must move the patched boot image to the same folder. Hold the SHIFT key and click on the right mouse button to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
fastboot flash recovery [filename.img]
Please replace [filename.img] with the name of the TWRP Recovery img file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
How to Verify if your phone has a systemless root?
- Download and install the Magisk Manager app APK, and launch it.
- To verify that you have systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all option with Green Tick which means you have successfully rooted and bypassed SafteyNet.
So, that’s it. Now that you have rooted your Doogee Y8 Plus. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.