The Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus (Model: LB8 / LB8a) was launched with mid-range budget specifications and the device runs on Android 9.0 Pie. The device launched in August 2019 with a 6.35-inch AMOLED display, MT6762 Helio P22 chipset, 6000 mAh battery, 64 GB storage, and 6GB RAM. If you’re using the Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus easily.
In order to root your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
- TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus Device Overview
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps To Root Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8 / LB8a Using Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus Device Overview
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus was announced in August 2019 which sports a 6.35-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1548 pixels.
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus is powered by an Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 with Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm) chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 128 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under HIOS 5.0 and backed by a 6000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 13MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 13MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G, GPS, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and compass, etc.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8 / LB8a Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- You need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.