When it comes to smartphones, there are more Android users in this world than smartphones controlled by other operating systems. This is the reason whenever a fresh version of Android arrives, the first question that comes in the mind of users is when they will get the copy of same on their phone. The latest version of Android 8.0 Oreo was released to Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, S8 Plus and Note 8 recently and finally, now, Samsung started rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy A5 2017. The update is live now! You can now download the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
Talking about the specifications, Galaxy A5 2017 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Exynos 7880 Octa processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Galaxy A5 2017 comes with 16MP and 16MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the front.
The upgrade is now rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users. The rollout is gradual and it might take a couple of days or months to accomplish every corner. Then you can install, if you aren’t fond of waiting for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo upgrade software version manually. Before that, we request you to test for the software OTA update. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software upgrade manually on your own apparatus. Before that, let’s brief about what is new in this OS:
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps.
How to Manually Capture Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 it.
Oreo Firmware here
|Build Number||Security Patch Level|
|A520WVLU2CRF2||June 2018 Security Patch|
|A520FXXU4CRF4||June 2018 Security Patch|
|A520FXXU4CRF1||June 2018 Security Patch|
|A520FXXU4CREF||June 2018 Security Patch|
|A520FXXU4CRE9||June 2018 Security Patch|
|A520FXXU4CRD6||May 2018 Security Patch|
|A520FXXS4CRE2||May 2018 Security Patch|
|A520FXXU4CRD5||April 2018 Security Patch|
Steps to Install Galaxy A5 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and Drivers:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:Complete Tutorial To Flash Latest Galaxy A5 2017 Firmware Using ODIN Tool
So, that’s all you have to do. Go download the latest Galaxy A5 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo update and enjoy.