Updated on January 26, 2021: Today Samsung rolled the January 2021 security patch for the device with build number A705FNXXU5CUA7. The update is still based on Android 11.
Update on January 01, 2021: Samsung Galaxy A70 received the December 2020 security patch update in Europe with software version A705FNXXS5CTL3. The update is still based on Android 10.
Update on December 05, 2020: Today Samsung rolled the November 2020 security patch update to the device with build number A705FXXU5CTK5. The update is still based on Android 10 and not the major Android 11 update yet. As per the timeline report, Samsung will roll the Android 11 for the Galaxy A70 on May 2021.
Updated on November 29, 2020: Today Samsung started rolling the One UI 2.5 based on Android 10 for the Galaxy A70 as promised. The update is live with software version A705FNXXU5CTK4.
Many smartphones are available in the markets these days. In order to cut down the challenges that competitors create, the manufacturers have started working on a key principle and i.e. to launch them one after another. Samsung, being one of the trusted brands is doing the same. They recently introduced some amazing gadgets in a row and Samsung Galaxy A70 is one among them. There is no doubt that A-series phones are good enough to be trusted with closed eyes. In this topic, we will share the official Samsung Galaxy A70 Android 11 R release date and feature guidelines.
Google has recently rolled out the Android 11 update for the Google Pixel series. Recently Samsung started rolling the One UI 3.0 beta (Android 11) for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S20, and many more. You can check out more details of Samsung One UI 3.0 here.
Samsung Galaxy A70 Specifications:
The device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor which is paired with 6GB/8GB of RAM. The device sports the Adreno 612 GPU with a storage capacity of 128GB. However, it is expandable up to 1TB via a microSD card. In the front, the device has a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×2400 and an aspect ratio of 20:9 with 393 PPI. It is running on the Android 9.0 Pie and Samsung’s OneUI.
The Galaxy A70 sports a triple camera set-up at the back with 32MP (low light)+ 8MP (ultra-wide) + 5MP (depth sensor) lenses. The A70 also offers super slow-mo videos. Under the hood, the device packs a solid 4500 mAH battery that supports 25W fast charging. Moreover, the Galaxy A50 also has an in-display fingerprint scanner as well.
- List of Android 11 Supported devices, Features, Release Date and Download
- How to Downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10 [Rollback Package]
- Android 11 Developer Preview 1 brings double tap gestures to launch Camera, Assistant, and more
- Samsung Galaxy Android 11 Supported Device Tracker: What’s new in One UI 3.0
- How to Enable Bubble Notification in Android 11
Android 11 – Overview
Android 11 is the eleventh iteration of Google’s own OS (Operating System). It was released on September 8, 2020, and rolled out to their Pixel phones on day one. Later, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, and Realme rolled the beta update for their flagship device on the same day. Here is the feature list of Android 11:
- Scheduled Dark Theme
- ‘Conversations’ Section in Notification Shade
- Built-in Screen Recorder
- Pin Apps in the Share Menu
- Send Images in Notification Replies
- New APIs for 5G
- Reverse Wireless Charging Support (Google Pixel 4a or 5)
- Use Bluetooth Headphones in Airplane Mode
- Scrolling screenshots
- Bubble Notifications on by Default
- New Back Cover Gestures (Likely Pixel-Exclusive)
- Show Refresh Rate
- Power Menu Toggles
- Quick Access Wallet
- New Permissions Options
- Background Location Access Must Be Granted Manually
- Auto-Block Spammy Permission Prompts
- New Scoped Storage Permission
- New Motion Sense Gesture (Pixel 4)
- New Notification History UI
- Increase Touch Sensitivity
- Better Back Sensitivity
- Mobile Drivers License Support
- Changes to BiometricPrompt API
- Improved Call Screening
- Support for Punch Hole & Waterfall Displays
- Disable Vibrations While Using the Camera
- HDMI Low-Latency Mode
- Low Latency Video Decoding
- New Bluetooth Stack
- Separated Quick Settings & Notification Tray
- Music Player in Quick Settings
- Unsupported Bluetooth Codecs Are Now Grayed Out
- Suggested Apps in Home Screen Dock
What’s New in One UI 3.0?
There are a plethora of new and noteworthy features in the third iteration of One UI. To begin with, there are tons of new visual design changes. These include the smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications as well as much smoother motion. Along the same lines, you also get improved animations and haptic feedback. Then with the enhanced dynamic memory allocation, improved performance is also on the cards.
You would also be witnessing changes to the Home screen and Lock screen. Likewise, new widgets, a new dynamic lock screen, and the ability to edit the Always On Display are also there. Then, changes to Calls and chats and the revamped Settings page would also be appreciated with one and all. Apart from that, there is a slew of changes to the Samsung keyboard, Productivity, and Device Control as well.
All these coupled with the plethora of new Android 11 features such as One Time Permissions, Chat bubbles, and Dark Mode schedule would prove to be the icing on the cake. So with such a long list of features, no doubt Galaxy A70 users are waiting in anticipation for the OneUI 3.0 Android 11 update. In this regard, this update tracker shall help you out. Follow along.
Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy A70
Since Samsung is quite busy rolling out the One UI 2.0 (Android 10) update for the devices and there are quite a few devices waiting in line. So, it seems unlikely that the Android 11 update announcement will be made anytime soon. It is expected that the update will be made available for the Samsung Galaxy A70 users only the next year after the stable Android 11 update comes out for the Google Pixel devices. We will keep you in the loop once we have more information in this regard.