New Update on March 17, 2020: After rolling the Android 10 update in Hong Kong and China, Samsung started rolling Android 10 updates to the Galaxy A8s in Taiwan. The update is labeled build number to G887FXXU3CTC10 and brings One UI 2.0 stable and March 2020 Security Patch to the device.
Samsung Galaxy A8S in China started receiving the latest Android 10 update which brings new features based on Android 10 and OneUI 2.0. If you have not received the update, you can manually install the firmware to enjoy Android 10 on your device. In this guide, we will share with you how you can download and install the Galaxy A8S Android 10 update manually.
Google brought in the Android 10 operating system back in September 2019. Since then a lot of OEMs have pushed the stable update for their device till now. But here is the Korean smartphone giant Samsung that is still pushing out the Android 10 updates for its stable devices. In fact, it is one of the most important tasks at hand for Samsung to quickly upgrade its device with the Android 10 based OneUI 2.0 update. Today we have another new device, Samsung Galaxy A8S which is now receiving an Android 10 update. Well, in this guide, we will share all versions of Samsung Galaxy A8S Android 10 based on their region.
Samsung Galaxy A8S Specifications: Overview
The Samsung Galaxy A8s mobile features a 6.4″ (16.26 cm) AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels that comes with a Full HD+ display quality which can render an amazing viewing experience with the sharp pixel density of 403 PPI. The bezel-less display has a small camera sensor popping on top. and runs on the Android v8.1 (Oreo) operating system. It has the Li-ion battery that comes with a capacity of 3,400mAh, which is sufficient to power the device in the long run.
The device is powered by Octa-core (2.2 GHz, Dual-core, Kryo 360 + 1.7 GHz, Hexa Core, Kryo 360) processor paired with 6 GB of RAM and are seated upon the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset which can together render a seamless performance. The phone packs 128GB of internal storage that can be expanded Up to 512 GB. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy A8s packs a 24-megapixel (f/1.7) primary camera that will impress the selfie lovers with the flattering pictures which would be worth sharing and a 10-megapixel (f/2.4) secondary camera on the rear and a 24-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy A8s is a Dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB Type-C, Active 4G on both SIM cards, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Face unlock, Fingerprint sensor, Compass/ Magnetometer, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope. For graphical performance that can make games run smoothly, this phone has got an Adreno 616 GPU that will handle the graphics and multitasking respectively. The design is one of the most important factors when it comes to mobiles. This phone is 7.4 mm slim and weighs 173 grams.
Android 10 — Overview
Google recently unveiled the Android 10 for which the tech fraternity, as well as the mobile world, was waiting for and it does packs in a good amount of new features and customization enhancements. As the first thing to notice was that Google ditched its tradition of naming the Android OS after desserts and will go by the version number from now on. Google also changed the shade of the Android logo to a new lighter shade of green and changed the logo to a half head of the Droid bot. Moreover, the other highlights of the Android 10 that the user can experience are;
Features of Android 10:
- Live Caption: With a single tap on your device, Live Caption will automatically caption the video, podcasts, audio messages, or even the stuff you record yourself. Interestingly, this feature does not require a WiFi or mobile data connection.
- Smart Reply: With this feature, Google has taken the suggestion algorithm to a new level as now you can recommend actions to particular messages and even sets up the Google Map if it requires. Additionally, there is a new Bubble feature like Facebook for a quick reply.
- Sound Amplifier: With Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine-tune to how you hear best. Whether talking, watching TV, or listening to anything, just plug in your headphones and hear everything more clearly.
- Gesture Navigation: Google introduced a new navigation gesture that is more fast, responsive and more intuitive in nature and gives a smooth response.
- Dark Theme: The ever so popular feature of this year, the Dark theme has finally made its way to Android 10.
- Privacy and Location Controls: Users get more control over the privacy settings of all the individual app and they can know which app is accessing which type of data and they can give permission or deny them.
- Security Updates: Google has introduced a new way of sending in security patches via the Google Play Store that allows faster delivery of security updates.
- Focus Mode: Focus Mode will allow the users to spend more time in the natural environment interacting with people or concentrate on their task rather than being busy with their smartphones.
- Family Link: With the help of this, parents can keep track of their children’s Android devices and control the screen time limits and app access, etc.
One UI 2.0 — Overview
Samsung took a big step when it comes to its homegrown skin the TouchWiz and decided to bring in a completely new version of their skin which makes the usability of the big screen Galaxy devices more convenient as well as more effortless. One UI was launched this year and was pushed for all the devices running Android 9 Pie. One UI allows the user to use their device comfortably with one hand by giving them a more usable area and less viewing area.
The latest iteration of One UI is the One UI 2.0 which is based on Android 10 OS. Though the previous version of One UI was good, with the One UI 2.0, Samsung wants to bring in more functionality for the devices. For instance, you get features like Google’s new navigation gestures, new camera UI, in-built screen recorder, Digital Wellbeing, dark mode, enhanced privacy features, new audio, and video codecs, etc. All these features make the One UI 2.0 a decent upgrade over the previous generation. However, the 2017 Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 devices miss out on this update.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy A8S Android 10 with One UI 2.0
Make sure to download the pre-required files and drivers on your PC. Follow the step by step guide to successfully flash the Galaxy A8S Android 10 with One UI 2.0.
- The mentioned firmware is exclusive for the Galaxy A8S variant.
- Maintain at least 50% battery level.
- A PC and a USB cable are required.
- Take a complete backup of your device at first to keep your data safe.
- Enter your phone into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Firmware Files:
- Samsung Kies – Download and Install the software on the computer
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on the PC
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung USB drivers
How To Install One UI 2.0 on Samsung Galaxy A8S (Android 10)
Below are both the methods via which you can install the One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 update on your Galaxy A8S.
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.13.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process is shown to be completed.
This will install the One UI 2.0 on your device and upgrade the system OS to Android 10. So, there you have it from my side in this post. Notably, this will allow you to get a taste of One UI 2.0 along with Android 10 on your device Also, keep in mind to follow all the instructions mentioned above in order to avoid any issues while installation or any permanent damage to your phone. Until the next post…Cheers!