Updated on January 13, 2019: Samsung has finally started rolling the stable version in UAE and Germany with build number N960FXXU2CSA2. The update weighs almost 1.6GB in size and brings the stable OneUI to Galaxy Note 9.
Updated on January 06, 2019: Finally, Samsung rolled the stable version of Android Pie with One UI for Galaxy Note 9 with build number N960FXXU2CRLT.
Alright, so it looks like that you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Well, great. Samsung is one of the most popular and reliable Smartphone brands out there. The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is no less, in fact, it is one of the most popular Note series devices which comes with S-Pen right now. The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 One UI is now live in the form of (Android Pie) beta program in India. Soon it will start the beta test in other regions. Here we will list all the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie with One UI.
Well, One UI is the new interface developed by Samsung for their all supported device. It is currently started with the base of Android Pie which brings new and enhanced One UI interface design along with many new features and customizations. The main features of OneUI are one-handed usage and other features include system-wide dark mode, a new UI, and design language focused on ease of use and reachability, and a lot more things. Those who want to try it can test the beta leaked build of One UI for Galaxy Note 9.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
So, are you someone who wants to try the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie with OneUI? Well, if your answer is Yes to the above question, then you are on the right page. So without any further, we do, let’s jump right into it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie with OneUI
This new version of Android for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is still in beta which means that it has not been rolled out for all the S9 users, this ROM is still under testing. Despite all this, there are a lot of new features with this new ROM which is working totally fine. Now, with that being said, we would be sharing the guide using which you can install and try this all new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 One UI firmware.
Now, before we get straight to the guide, we would like to tell you that this would work only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9’s model listed below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U (Snapdragon variant)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960F (Exynos variant)
How to Join Android Pie Beta on your Galaxy Note 9
- OPen the Samsung members App on your device.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “One UI with Android 9.0 on Galaxy Note 9”.
- Tap on it to enroll.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie with One UI
Now, let us take a look at the prerequisites for installing the Android Pie Beta on Galaxy Note 9. Should we?
- Make sure that your Galaxy Note 9 with the Snapdragon model is listed above.
- You need a PC for this guide.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 should have at least a 60% charge left.
- Active Internet Connection.
|N960USQU1CSB3||Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy Note 9 US Carrier variants|
|N960U1UEUCSB3||US Unlocked Galaxy Note9 Android Pie Update|
|N960U1UEU1CSB3||T-Mobile Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie|
|N950NKSU4DSB4||Stable Pie Update in Korean variant|
|N960WVLU1CSAA||Canada Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie|
|N960USQU1CSAA||AT&T Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie [Stable]|
|N960FXXU2CSA7||Galaxy Note 9 Nordic Countries – [Stable]|
|N960USQU1CSA7||AT&T Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0 Pie [Beta]|
|N960FXXU2CSA3||Stable Pie Update – Vodafone – Installation Guide|
|N960FXXU2CSA2 – Download | Mirror GDrive||Stable Pie Update – Installation Guide|
|N960FXXU2CRLT – Download||Stable Beta OneUI – Installation Guide|
|N960FXXU2ZRLT||Fourth One UI Beta Build|
|N960FXXU2ZRL6||Second One UI Beta Build|
|N960FXXU2ZRKQ||First One UI Beta Build|
Once you have downloaded the above prerequisites, its time to install the Android Pie Beta on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- This firmware is exclusively for Galaxy Note 9
- Make sure to have more than 50% battery on your device.
- A PC or Laptop to perform the installation.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download ADB fastboot drivers.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking/damage to your device while/after installing this firmware update. Follow the steps carefully.
So, that’s it. After waiting all these months you can now install and enjoy the official Android 9.0 Pie on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
That’s it guys, We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
One UI Changelog:
The Beta Android Pie OS update brings a massive changelog with it. We are listing it out in this section.
- Content and Settings have been re-organized
- Interactive Elements moved to screen bottom for easy access
- Night mode feature
- Reply to messages directly in the notification panel
- Image thumbnails now show on the notification
- New Emojis
- Adaptive theme changes
- Floating keyboard
Always On Display
- New clock styles added
- Battery charging information
- Improved search
- Enables search within App
- New scene optimizer enhances the camera color settings.
- Adds new Editor tool for Photos.
- New storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor storage usage.
- Show/hide items on MyFiles home screen.
- Shows daily step counts in the notification panel.
- Lift to wake feature turns on the screen when you pick up the phone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 sports a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The display protection comes from the Gorilla Glass by Corning. The Galaxy Note 9 packs 2 types of chipsets. The global variant comes with Exynos 9810 Octa and Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 for USA/China variant. The device packs 128/512GB internal storage and 6/8GB of RAM.
The Galaxy Note 9 sports a Dual Camera of 12MP + 12MP Rear camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The device runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9 and there is a 4000 mAh capacity battery powering this device.