After releasing and testing the beta version, Samsung has already started pushing out the latest One UI 2.0 stable update to its eligible devices and the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is one of them. Now, you can follow this full guide on how to download and install Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Android 10 easily. Additionally, we’ve provided the requirements, download links for your ease. If in case, you haven’t received the One UI 2.0 stable update yet on your Galaxy S10 Plus, proceed below.
Samsung has become quite overwhelming in terms of providing new software updates and security patch updates. Even in the last couple of months, Samsung has pushed faster security patch updates than Google which feels good especially when you’re Samsung Galaxy user. As the company has already rolled out One UI 2.0 update to its Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series units via batches. However, if you’re not aware of it and want to install the Android 10 manually on your Galaxy S10+, let’s jump into it.
Table of Contents
Android 10 – Overview
Android 10 is the latest and 10th generation of Android OS which was announced in September 2019 by Google officially. It’s the successor version of the last generation Android 9.0 Pie which is already quite popular and stable. Now, the latest Android 10 offers more features and stability to the device system. Google has improved a lot of things like a redesigned Android logo, official Android 10 branding, and more.
It also offers plenty of new features such as system-wide dark mode, gestures navigation, sound amplifier, smart reply, focus mode, family link, live caption, foldable display support, 5G connectivity support, etc. While the Android 10 also features easy security patch updates, improved app permissions, improved location privacy feature, bubble chat system, improved parental control, and more.
One UI 2.0 – Overview
The previous generation TouchWiz and Experience UI were pretty much slow or laggy which has decreased the user experience and system stability a lot. But Samsung has developed One UI which is a full-new user interface that brings improved visuals, stability, smoothness, and more. While the One UI also features a one-handed mode for the larger Galaxy handset usage, improved icons, color schemes, useful shortcuts, etc.
Apart from it, the newly launched One UI 2.0 which is based on Android 10 offers some more visual improvements and system improvements that you will definitely notice if you’re coming from One UI. It features improved system UI, lock screen UI, notification panel, AOD (Always-On Display) feature, on-screen notification alert, night theme, Digital Wellbeing, in-built screen recorder, enhanced privacy measures, improved stock camera app UI, audio & video codecs, gesture navigation, and more.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Android 10 with One UI 2.0
Make sure to download the pre-required files and drivers on your PC. Follow the step by step guide to successfully flash the Galaxy S10 Plus Android 10 with One UI 2.0.
- The mentioned firmware is exclusive for the Galaxy S10 Plus variant.
- Maintain at least 50% battery level.
- A PC and a USB cable are required.
- Take a complete backup of your device at first to keep your data safe.
- Enter your phone into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Firmware Files:
- G975FXXS3BTA2 – January 2020 patch – United Kingdom: Download
- G975WVLS2CSL1 – January 2020 patch – Canada: Download
- G975USQS2CSL1 – January 2020 patch – US Carriers: Download
- G975FXXS3BSL4 – January 2020 patch – Europe: Download
- G975U1UES2CSL1 – January 2020 patch – US Unlocked: Download
- G9758ZMU2BSL7 – December 2019 patch – China: Download
- G975USQU2CSKP – December 2019 patch – US Carrier: Download
- Samsung Kies – Download and Install the software on the computer
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on the PC
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung USB drivers
How To Install One UI 2.0 on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (Android 10)
Below are both the methods via which you can install the One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 update on your Galaxy S10 Plus.
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.13.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process is shown to be completed.
This will install the One UI 2.0 on your device and upgrade the system OS to Android 10. So, there you have it from my side in this post. Notably, this will allow you to get a taste of One UI 2.0 along with Android 10 on your device Also, keep in mind to follow all the instructions mentioned above in order to avoid any issues while installation or any permanent damage to your phone. Until the next post…Cheers!