Shanling M2X is a Hi-Res Digital Audio Player that features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The balanced 2.5mm audio output is nearly perfect for every beginner audiophile. The Japanese AKM AK4490EN DAC chip and an inbuilt TIDAL app is a deadly combo to generate better noise reduction & an excellent sound listening experience. However, if you think that the audio player has some issues with the performance or software then you can check out this guide on How to Flash Shanling M2X Firmware File (Stock ROM) in an easy way.
Talking about flashing the firmware, Shanling offers the latest software update for its audio player devices to keep them working properly. While writing this article, there is the latest V3.1 update available that includes some additional features and bug fixes too. Therefore, it’s highly recommended to update the software for a better performance of the Shanling M2X audio player. Sometimes it can also possible that you’re encountering multiple issues with your audio player something like battery draining, slow charging, connectivity issues, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi gets disconnected quite often, and more.
New Features of Shanling M2X Firmware V3.1
Let’s take a quick look at the new firmware changelog below.
- Added support of DSD to USB DAC function, up to DSD256
Changes and Fixes:
- Improved playback of WMA files
- Other bug fixes
- Firmware adjusted battery percentage indication. After update, percentage might show incorrectly. Please run your device through one complete charging cycle to discharge the battery. It’ll reset the battery percentage indicator.
- Intended for use in car, with M2X semi-permanently installed and with USB-C cable always connected.
- When M2X detects charging, it will automatically turn on.
- When charging stops, M2X will automatically turn off after 1 minute.
- Turn off in-vehicle mode when using player normally.
How to Flash Shanling M2X Firmware File (Stock ROM)
Here we’ve mentioned both the manual and OTA update methods for your ease. You can follow one of them.
1. Update Manually
- Keep your device fully charged > Unzip the downloaded ROM file.
- Keep the ‘update.bin’ file inside the root folder of Micro SD card.
- Go to ‘System Update’ under the System > Tap on ‘TF card update’ and confirm it.
- Wait for the system to restart. You can also check whether the M2X is running on the latest version or not from Settings.
- If the Micro SD Card was removed during the update process, M2X will show an ‘Insert TF Please’ notification. So, please insert the Micro SD Card into the device to continue the update.
- If in case, the update doesn’t start even after selecting ‘System Update’, check the ROM zip and try again.
2. OTA Update Method
- Connect your Shanling M2X to the Wi-Fi network for internet access.
- Now, go to ‘System Update’ under System > Tap on ‘Network update’ and confirm the update.
- Wait for it. Once the update completes, restart the device.
- Check again whether the audio player is running the latest firmware version or not.
Note: If the latest firmware version is already installed, Shanling M2X will show a notification and stop the update.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, you can comment below.