Zoom is a video communication platform. Zoom is an American based communications technology company with its headquarters in San Jose, California. It provides online video and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform. The service used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations. Although the platform is for everyone, it is most utilized by business organizations.
In this topic today, we’ll discuss sharing the screen with Zoom on iPhone and iPad. We primarily have two methods to do so – Screen Mirroring and Wired Sharing. Here, wired sharing is only possible with a Mac so we deduct that screen mirroring is the most versatile method. In the guide below, we’ll take you through the process to share the screen using both these methods. So without further ado, let’s get right into how to share the screen with Zoom on iPhone & iPad.
Table of Contents
- Zoom Client for Windows 3.5.27094.0918 or later
- Zoom Client for Mac 3.5.27094.0918 or later
- Computer and iOS device on the same network
- Install the plug-in for sharing iPhone/iPad*
- iPhone 4 or later; iPad; iPad mini, 4th generation or later
- Network and computer firewalls allowing Airplay access
- You can with wired connection only on Mac
- Mac OS 10.10 or later
- Zoom Client for Mac 4.0.35295.0605 or later
- iOS device running iOS 8 or later
- Lightning cable
- Click the Share Screen option in your meeting
- On the next screen, choose the iPhone/iPad option. If you also want to share your phone’s audio into the meeting, simply check/tick the Share computer sound option at the bottom and click Share Screen
- This may prompt you to install a plug-in. If you’re prompted to do so, simply follow the on-screen instructions. When this is all done, you’ll see the below screen
- Now, turn on your iPhone or iPad and swipe up from the bottom to access the control center
- From the control center, tap Screen Mirroring
- Next, you’ll see a Zoon-your computer option. Choose it and that’ll successfully share your iPhone or iPad into the meeting.
- How to Share your Phone or Desktop Screen on Zoom
- How to Use Whiteboard in Zoom Meetings?
- How to Mute and Unmute in Zoom App on Smartphone
- Top 10 Zoom Tips, Tricks, and Features to become pro in Video conference
- Top 10 Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts To Use
- 7 Steps to Secure Your Zoom Video Conference or Chat?
- Click on the Share Screen option in your meeting
- Next, choose the option iPhone/iPad via Cable. You can check/tick the Share computer sound option at the bottom if you also wish to share your phone’s audio into the meeting. Finally, tap Share Screen
- This will display the following screen once successful
- Following the instructions, connect your iPhone or iPad to the Mac via a cable
- The iPhone or iPad will prompt you to allow access to the Mac. Tap on Trust to proceed
- This may also prompt you to enter your passcode. If prompted, enter them down
- That’s it. Once all these are done, your phone will be now shared into the meeting.
Summing up our guide, screen mirroring seems to be the most versatile way to share screen with Zoon on iPhone or iPad. Since wired sharing is only possible with Mac, screen mirroring is, to date, the most preferred method for screen sharing. We hope this guide has been of precise assistance to you. If you have any further queries, please let us know in the comments down below. Good luck!