Skype is one of the popular and quite older chat messenger applications that offer online voice calls, video calls, chat messages, etc. It can be used either from a mobile app or a computer and requires a Skype ID. Meanwhile, plenty of users are still using Skype as an online communication service or platform worldwide. But if in case, the Skype app gets some error or issues on your iPhone, then check out the guide on How to fix Skype App Crashing or Login Issue on iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max.
The Skype app is officially available for both mobile platforms like iOS and Android. However, some times due to a new software update or software bug or due to the Skype app issue itself, users may face errors or app crashing on their iPhones. It can also happen that whenever you try to login to the Skype account, the app crashes every time. Now, if this kind of issue happens quite often or very frequently, then you should check out the full troubleshooting guide below.
- How to fix Skype App Crashing or Login Issue on iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
How to fix Skype App Crashing or Login Issue on iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
Now, the same issue is facing the iPhone 11 series device users since Apple has rolled out the first-ever iOS 12 beta update. Though this issue wasn’t a big deal for most users, it becomes very irritating and frequent. In this case, it’s highly recommended to fix this issue as early as possible.
First of all, you should check whether the internet connection, battery issue, pending app update, pending software update, storage space issue is causing this problem or not. If not, then you can check out all the possible solutions or workarounds that you can try on your iPhone.
1. Reboot your iPhone 11
- Press and hold the Power/Side button + Volume Up/Down button together for a few seconds.
- The Slide to Power off bar will appear on the screen.
- Now, release both the buttons.
- Drag/Slide the bar to turn off your iPhone 11.
- After waiting for a few seconds, long-press the Power/Side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button and wait for your device to boot into the system.
2. Force Close Skype App and Reboot your iPhone
- Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen and pause to open the recent app cards.
- Then swipe right or left to navigate to the Skype app card.
- Close the card by swiping it up.
Next, reboot your iPhone following the steps below:
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Side/Power button for a few seconds.
- Slide to Power off bar will appear.
- Drag the slider to turn off your handset.
- Now, press and hold the Power/Side button for a few seconds and the Apple logo will appear.
- Finally, release the button and your device will reboot.
2. Update Pending Apps to fix Skype App Crashing iPhone 11
- Open the App Store > tap on the user profile icon (upper-right corner).
- Scroll down a bit to the Available Updates option.
- Here, the Upcoming Automatic Updates section will show all the pending apps that need to be updated.
- Tap on the Update button next to the Skype app (if available).
- It will install the new update.
- Then open the Skype app and check whether it’s working fine or not.
3. Delete Skype App and Reinstall It
- Tap and hold on the app icon which you want to uninstall or delete.
- The icons will start jiggling or you will get edit options.
- Tap on the (x) icon on the app to delete it.
- It will ask you again to confirm the deletion process.
- Tap on the Delete button again to confirm.
- Once done, reboot your iPhone.
- Now, go back to the App Store and search for Skype app then tap on the GET button or cloud icon.
- It will install the app on your iPhone again.
- Then open the Skype app and check whether it’s doing well or not.
4. Update Software Version (iOS)
- Go to the iPhone Settings > Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update > If the latest firmware update is available, you’ll get notified.
- Next, you need to Download and Install it.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions and your device will reboot into the new system.
5. Reset All Settings to fix Skype App Crashing iPhone 11
- Head over to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on General > Select Reset.
- Choose Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Tap on the Reset all settings again to confirm.
- Reboot your handset.
We assume that you’ve found this troubleshooting guide pretty useful and the Skype app issue has been fixed on your iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max device. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.