Apple is quite particular about its applications and its device. So, Apple device users have to rely solely upon the Apple store to download their choice of applications. However, sometimes users face the issue of App store Waiting for Download. This an issue that gets the download process stuck in limbo.
In this guide, we will tell you how to Solve the App store Waiting for Download Error on iPhone. You may think that we are retorting to some rocket science to solve this issue. Well, no. We have outlined some really simple ways to deal with the error. Now, not all smartphone users are expected to know all of the simple hacks we have put up here. So, the methods we have shared in this guide are pretty simple and anyone can try all of those methods.
How to Solve App store Waiting for Download Error on iPhone
Let’s check out the troubleshooting techniques one-by-one.
Restart your device
You can simply switch your device off and restart it. Otherwise, you can do a hard reboot as well. For the hard reboot,
- Press and release the volume up button
- This time, press and release the volume down button,
- Now, press and hold the side button. Are you seeing the Apple logo..?
- Now check in the Apple Store. The download stuck issue must have been solved by now.
Install Pending System Updates
Having an outdated build of system OS may also cause the App store Waiting for Download issue.
To check for new system update,
- Go to Settings > General
- tap on Software Update to check for the availability of any new build.
- Additionally, you may also enable automatic update so the device will install the latest build when it is available.
Check Internet Settings
If you use Wi-Fi, maybe it has a weak signal. So, instead of the current one, you can try using some other Wi-Fi network. You can try downloading your apps from the app store using cellular data. Also, make sure to check for flight mode. If it’s on then turn it off.
How much Storage is Available
It may happen that if your iPhone runs out of storage, then downloading apps will be stuck. So, check for available storage.
- Go to device Settings > General > About. You can see the total storage capacity and how much is currently available.
Some times in order to keep a tab on kid’s and children’s usage of in-app purchases, parents put parental control over applications. So, if someone is trying to download updates for an app, the download may be paused due to permission issues. So, get rid of the same.
Sign Out and Sign-in
Another simple method that you may try your hand to fix this issue is signing out and signing back into your Apple ID.
- Go to Settings
- tap on your account name
- Tap on Sign out
- Then Sign-in again back with your credentials
The last resort is to reset your smartphone back to its factory settings. If all of the above tricks did no work for you, then the best way to deal with App store Waiting for Download issue is to reset your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > General
- General > go to Reset.
- Under Rest either you can select Reset Network Settings or Reset All Settings
So, that’s it, guys. If you had been facing the app store waiting for download error, then try out the above fixes we have mentioned. We hope that it should help you out.
You May Also Like,
- How to fix automatic App Download issue in Apple iPhone
- How to fix Google Assistant not Available Issue on Any Android Device