In this guide, we have listed some methods and approaches that have assisted many users in resolving the Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 not pairing issue. Sony has been developing the best products for years. On a day-to-day basis, Sony products are catching up to the market with great capabilities. When it comes to the best product of Sony, it is definitely their XM series headphones.
The headphones made by Sony are clearly miraculous, with great sound and noise cancellation. Even though Sony’s headphones are the best on the market, they are still plagued by some issues. In recent times, many customers have reported that their Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 is not entering the pairing mode and is not connecting to any devices.
The issue is crucial, as this kind of issue is not expected from a good brand. Customers who are using these headphones are struggling with pairing with their devices, be it Windows, iOS, or Android. However, if you are also facing the issue of your Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 not pairing, Do not worry. We do have a proper guide for you.
Why Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 Is Not Pairing
Have you ever thought about what could be causing your Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 to not pair? There could be several reasons for a device to malfunction. The common reasons should include the following:
- The problem might lie with the device to which you are connecting the headphones. It is recommended to be on the latest update or firmware so that you won’t face any issues.
- There could be a hardware issue with the headphones you are connecting. If this is the issue, then it can only be fixed by Sony technicians.
- The battery of the headphone may be empty or less when entering the pairing mode. So, do make sure to charge your headphones in these conditions before making them enter pairing mode.
- You may have pressed the incorrect button, which is why the headphones did not enter pairing mode.
- Bluetooth might not be activated on both devices, causing this error.
- The distance between the headphone and the device is more than 1 meter, or 3.3 feet.
- Your device or headphones may have connected automatically to a previously memorized device.
These are common reasons that can be responsible for the malfunctioning (not pairing) of your headphones.
How To Fix – Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 Not Pairing
The issue of the headphones not pairing is really a pain in the head. As a result, it must be repaired. In this guide, we listed some fixes that have some potential for eradicating the issue lies with the Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5.
Method 1: Update Firmware
Firmware is something that is very important for a device to run operationally, be it headphones, laptops, etc. So, it would be great to check the firmware of the Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 when you are experiencing the pairing issue. The procedure is as follows:
Note: This method only works if you have previously connected your headphones to the preferred device.
- Launch the Sony Headphones Connect application.
- Tap on the three dots in the right upper corner.
- Choose the device and version, and then update the firmware if there is a new update available.
This method has worked for some users, but still, if you don’t find any firmware update, Then you should quickly move to the method listed below.
Method 2: Reset Headphones
It is definitely possible to reset the Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 if it is not pairing with any of the devices. Resetting the headphones is very beneficial when they malfunction due to a firmware issue. When you receive your headphones, reconnect them to your device. The steps for the following are as follows:
- First things first, turn off your headphones.
- Hold the power button and the noise cancellation button simultaneously for a few seconds (like 7–10 seconds).
- When the reset process is completed successfully, the indicator light will flash for a few seconds.
- Now quickly turn on your headphones and see whether the pairing mode is working or not. If it still doesn’t work, don’t worry; try the method listed below right away.
Method 3: Charge Headphones
Charging is necessary for any device, be it a phone or a headphone. So, charging your headphones for a few hours will restore the pairing mode functionality.
Basically, what happens is that the headphones do not go into pairing mode when the battery is empty or about to be empty. So, before pairing, make sure your Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 headphones are fully charged.
Method 4: Connectivity Problem
There could be some chances that the problem lies with the particular device you are pairing. It is possible that the connection between the device and the headphones is obstructed by something.
It can be the failure of the device’s Bluetooth driver or the hardware. So, try to change the device and see if the Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 starts pairing or not.
Method 5: Contact Support Team
If all the above-mentioned methods do not work for you, you should probably contact Sony’s headphone accessories support team. There might be such cases that we cannot notice, but the support team might notice, fix that issue, and your multiplayer mode will work normally.
To contact the support team, visit Sony’s support team website and connect to the team. Briefly describe the errors you are facing while accessing the pairing mode in the Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5, and you are good to go. The support team will respond as soon as possible.
This brings us to the end of this guide for fixing Sony XM3, XM4, or XM5 not pairing issues. Although the issue is not severe and can be fixed by following the above methods. But if the above methods do not help you much, then it might be possible that your headphone have a hardware fault. So please connect with Sony customer care and book a service appointment for the same.