Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software did recently launch Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered as a superhero open-world action video game which is currently available in single-player mode. Though the title is new in the market, it seems that players are having so much fun and it has received overwhelmingly positive reviews too. However, multiple players are facing the Spider-Man Remastered Save File Location issue where the Game Not Saving.
Just like other video games, it looks like even the Spider-Man Remastered title for the PC version also came with a fair amount of bugs and errors whatsoever. As per several reports, unfortunate players are experiencing the ‘PC WARNING DIRECTORY CREATION FAILED’ error or the ‘Save operation could not be completed, progress will not be saved’ error while trying to save the game progress in the gameplay. Well, if you’re facing the same, don’t worry.
Spider-Man Remastered Save File Location, How to Fix If Game Not Saving?
This specific bug or error is consistently troubling a lot of players on the PC while saving the game progress which is unexpected. The Spider-Man Remastered PC players are getting frustrated and they don’t have any idea why such an issue happening quite often. Luckily, there are a couple of workarounds mentioned below for you that should help to fix such an issue. It’s recommended to follow all the methods one by one until fixed.
1. Ensure Manually Save the Progress
If you’re in the gameplay and somehow you’re unable to save the progress due to the error then you’ll need to manually save it before getting to any other conclusion. Just press the Pause button and select the Manual Save option. Make sure to select the Slot that you want to keep your progress. Once done, choose OK and then quit the game. You should reboot the PC and relaunch the game to play.
2. Run the Game as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game app file on your PC as administrator access to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. In some cases, your system requires the UAC access permission to run a program which is quite important. By following the steps below you’ll have to allow the admin access for once and it won’t ask you for the same again. To do so:
- Go to the installed Spider-Man Remastered game directory.
- Right-click on the game exe file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, run the game file to play it.
It’s worth mentioning that the Steam or Epic Games Launcher can also be run as an administrator in the same way. This method should fix the game save error on the PC.
3. Update the Game
You can also check for the game updates by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game version. An outdated game version can mostly trouble you a lot while launching the title or even while saving the game progress.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Spider-Man Remastered from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Spider-Man Remastered.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s also recommended to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC by following the steps below. In some cases, corrupted or missing game files on the PC can trouble you a lot. Repairing the game files might fix the game progress not saving issue for you.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Spider-Man Remastered from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, you can wait for it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to Spider-Man Remastered.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
5. Disable Antivirus Program
You can try turning off the Windows Defender antivirus program on your PC to ensure there is no antivirus software blocking the game files to run properly. To do so:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Open Windows Security > Go to Virus & threat protection.
- Now, click on Manage Settings > Turn Off the Real-time Protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
Please Note: If you’re using any other third-party antivirus program on your PC then turn it off from its settings menu.
6. Create a New User Account
If none of the methods worked for you then you should create a new user account on your Windows computer by following the steps below and then try launching & playing the Spider-Man Remastered game with the new account access.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the Accounts section > Select Family and other users.
- Now, click on the Add someone else to this PC option.
- You can create a new account and make it an administrator account.
- Once done, make sure to launch the game using the new account.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.