Sprint has started to roll out the stable Android 10 for the LG G8 ThinQ. This system update is moving with software version G820U20d. This makes LG G8 the first device to get the new OS update. The device is also getting the December 2019 security patch. The first beta was sighted last month in 2019. Though it was dubbed to be of V20a, we are instead getting the stable version as 20d.
Though the automatic official OTA update is already moving over-the-air, some users may not receive it right away. OTA moves gradually. So, to reach all the devices it may take a few more days or even over a week. However, we have our hands on the OTA firmware based on G820U20d which the users can flash manually on their Sprint LG G8 ThinQ and step up their devices to Android 10.
Android 10 comes with many user-centric features and with tweaks to existing features. The device with Android 10 can enjoy new navigation gestures, smart reply for Message app, system-wide dark mode. Also, users can experience new controls which will allow them to provide their location information to the applications as per their wish.
Again, the all-new Android 10 comes as a spam-proof OS with keyword-based spam filtering. Basically, with this feature users can set possible keywords in their Messages app and based on these words, the system will not allow spam messages into the device. Also, there will be other features such as the Focus Mode, Live Caption, etc which users can make use of.
Check for OTA
The stable Android 10 OTA has just begun to roll out for the Sprint LG G8 ThinQ. It may take some time to reach out to all the devices. So, in the meanwhile, users can manually search for the G820U20d update.
Go to Settings > System > Software Update. The device will look for the latest system update. The user will be notified regarding the update if the device detects it. Let us tell you that the Android 10 update for LG G8 ThinQ weighs over 1 GB in size. So, make sure to use Wi-Fi to download the software. Also, ensure to have sufficient battery charge before starting the process of update installation.
How to install stable G820U20d Android 10 update on LG G8 ThinQ
Before installing the update you have to keep some guidelines in your mind.
- This firmware is exclusively for the Sprint LG G8 ThinQ. Do not use it on any other LG device
- Your device should be on stock ROM to be able to install this update.
- Before installing, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more to avoid low-power related hindrances while installing the system update.
G820U20d | Download
Here are the specific guidelines which you can follow to flash the Android 10 OTA on your Sprint LG G8 ThinQ.
- Download the OTA firmware from the link given above.
- Rename the file to something convenient but with the .UP extension.
- Now from the Google Play Store, download Activity Launcher.
- You have to browse for the firmware file
- Tap on the first option you will see under it.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions and install the Android 10 update
So, that’s it, guys. If you have the Sprint LG G8 ThinQ, then make sure to download and install the G820U20d Android 10 system update. Install and enjoy.