Are you using the Vivo X20 Plus handset and want to install the stock firmware flash file on it? If yes, then you’re in the right place and here we’ve shared the steps to flash the official Stock ROM file on Vivo X20 Plus (Firmware Flash File) with all the download links and requirements. So, if you’re interested in flashing the firmware on your handset then check this full guide.
It’s needless to say that Android is the most popular smartphone OS that offers plenty of customizations and user control features. Although the process of performing customizations on Android devices is quite traditional and easy to use, some users may find it problematic due to the wrong file flashing or improper steps. In the sense of customization means, flashing any third-party file that includes installing custom firmware, enabling root access, flashing mod files, etc.
So, due to the bad luck most probably and the lack of knowledge may lead your device to the bricking status or your handset may be stuck in the bootloop mode. If the same thing happens to your Vivo X20 Plus, then you should always flash the latest stock firmware on your handset by following the guide below. Either you can install the Vivo X20 Plus Firmware Flash File by using Qualcomm Flash Tool or QFil tool or QPST flash tool. Now, let’s take a quick look at some of the highlighted features of stock firmware.
- What is Stock Firmware?
- Steps to Install Stock firmware on Vivo X20 Plus:
What is Stock Firmware?
Stock ROM or Stock Firmware is the most compatible and official software that’s specially designed by the OEM for each and every device model. It runs on all Android devices and offers limited but useful features, great user experience, smoother performance, and more. So, if your handset is having some issues with the performance, software, battery, or anything else then it’s always recommended to install the stock firmware.
To unbrick your bricked device or restore from the bootloop issue, only stock firmware can revive your handset very easily. Additionally, the user experience, app compatibility, performance, latest software updates, better battery backup, etc can be found on stock ROM. While Stock ROM doesn’t have too many customizations like the Custom ROM. That’s why customization lovers don’t prefer stock ROM mostly.
The Advantage of Stock Firmware:
- Unbrick your Vivo X20 Plus
- Solve Bootloop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade Vivo X20 Plus software version
- Uninstall Root on your Vivo X20 Plus
- Fix lags or stuttering or performance drops
- Solve OTA update issues, battery heating or draining, app crashes, etc
- Get back the device warranty (if applicable)
Steps to Install Stock firmware on Vivo X20 Plus:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Supported device: Vivo X20 Plus
- Charge your phone: You need at least a 50% charge on Vivo X20 Plus
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: The very first thing to pay attention to is taking the device backup. You might not be able to take the backup of phone data, however, if you have inserted a memory card in your device, remove it at least to save it.
- Download AF Tool, QFil Flash Tool, or QPST Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers | Qualcomm drivers
Download Flash Files
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Download the Qualcomm Flash image loader tool and USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the link to install the firmware using QFIL tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from PC. That’s it!
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Vivo X20 Plus:
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Vivo X20 Plus.
We assume you’ve installed the Stock ROM on Vivo X20 Plus successfully, Now, please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.