Here we will guide on how to flash the Stock ROM file on Vivo X3S. The guide is simple and easy! Vivo X3S launched in the year 2017 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The device is powered by Mediatek MT6592 chipset.
This guide is for those who have trouble with their Vivo X3S handset such as lag, freezing, touch screen issue, hard brick, boot loop, stuck on logo, etc. Whatever the case might be, one of the best solutions to fix your Vivo X3S is by installing or flashing Stock ROM back on it. You can consider flashing the Stock ROM file like doing a Factory Data Reset on your Vivo X3S.
Table of Contents
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Vivo X3S. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Vivo X3S Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Vivo X3S
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Vivo X3S
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Vivo X3S
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk: Mediatek Guide or Spreadtrum Guide
- You can unroot Vivo X3S
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device: Mediatek FRP Guide or Spreadtrum FRP Guide
- Restore Vivo X3S back to Factory State
- Device Name: Vivo X3S
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6592
- Android Version: Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
How to Install Vivo X3S Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Vivo X3S, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Vivo X3S
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: VCOM drivers, SP Flash Tool and Vivo USB Drivers
- Firmware Flash File File:
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tool on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Once your load the SP Flash tool UI, Tap on Download option
- In the download tab, you have to load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- You will find the scatter text file inside the ROM package for most cases, if not, you can create a scatter text file on your own.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo X3S, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- You need to wait for a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- Once the flashing process completes, you will find a green button which means a successful upgrade.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo X3S
Follow our full-depth video guide below:
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Vivo X3S device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.