In this guide, we have the latest firmware flash file for the Vivo Y17W (PD1222W) powered by a Mediatek MT6582 processor. To install the firmware flash file, we need a software called the SP Flash tool which can be helpful to flash the stock ROM on your device. The method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step-by-step tutorials to make things easier to flash the official flash file.
This process is helpful if you have bricked your device, lag, or shuttering performance, to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issues, to unroot or bypass the FRP lock. So without further wasting our time, let’s understand what is stock firmware flash file.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Vivo Y17W Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Vivo Y17W
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Vivo Y17W
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped errors on Vivo Y17W
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Vivo Y17W
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Vivo Y17W back to Factory State
- Device Name: Vivo Y17W PD1222W
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: Mediatek MT6582
How to Install Vivo Y17W PD1222W Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Vivo Y17W, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Vivo Y17W PD1222W
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Flash Tool: SP Flash tool
- Download Drivers: VCOM Drivers, and Vivo USB Drivers
Download Flash Files
|Firmware Detail||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: Vivo_Y17W_PD1222W_MT6582_EX_A_2.13.1_09042014
File Size: 1 GB
File Type: SP Flash tool
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Infinix Smart HD X612, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Infinix Smart HD X612
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Vivo Y17W device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.