Samsung is currently rolling out the all-new July 2019 security patch for the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T819). The new update comes with the build number T819XXS2BSG1 and is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. It is available in Germany. The OTA will come down to the devices on its own. It’s an automatic process.
You can either wait for the OTA but it may not roll for everyone at the same time. So you can download the firmware that and update your phone by manually installing it. You have to use the ODIN flash tool to install the stock firmware to upgrade your Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 to the latest security patch.
If you’re not able to receive the automatic OTA while others are getting it, you can manually search for it.
- Go to Settings > Systems Update
- tap on Check for updates
- If the new update with T819XXS2BSG1 shows up, then press Download.
Use the Wi-Fi network to avoid the data charges of the carrier when you download the new July 2019 update for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7. Also, charge your device up to 50 % before installing the new software.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
- Model: SM-T819
- Baseband Version: T819XXS2BSG1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-07-01 (July Patch)
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat
How to Install T819XXS2BSG1 Firmware on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Before installing the new update you have to follow some guidelines we have mentioned below.
- This ROM & guide is exclusively for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T819). Do not use it on any other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before installing the new update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new stock firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You have to enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Firmware Download Link
Stock ROM Installation Guide
As said before, you have to use ODIN tool to install the latest stock ROM on your Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T819). Follow the installation guide linked below.
So, that’s it, guys. Do not miss the July 2019 security patch for your Galaxy Tab S2 9.7. Download and install it manually or you can wait for the OTA.