Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE (SM-T819Y) started receiving a new update which brings the latest Security Patch to March 2018 with regular bug fixes and other improvements. The Software update bumps to T819YDXU2BRC3 and is currently live to update via OTA. The update is based on the latest released Android 7.0 Nougat. According to Samsung, the update fixes seven critical vulnerabilities that were found in the Android OS and also fixes a couple of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities. Now download and install either T819YDXU2BRC3 March 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE.
The update is rolling via over the air in a phase-wise manner. It may take a while to reach every user around the globe. If you have not received the update, then kindly wait for the OTA notification to hit your phone or you can manually check the latest software update which upgrades the build number T819YDXU2BRC3 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE?
- In your Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE, Open Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If you have the new software update, tap Download button to start downloading. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- The device will reboot, you can wait for the installation process to complete. Once it is done, Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to upgrade the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading March 2018 Security for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE (SM-T819Y). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
In case if still not received the T819YDXU2BRC3 build, then you can manually install the update on your Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE (SM-T819Y) by using ODIN Downloader. Now there is the OTA firmware that you can manually install on your phone. We have put up the entire process to flash the T819YDXU2BRC3 update that brings the March 2018 security patch.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device.
Steps to Install T819YDXU2BRC3 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to T819YDXU2BRC3 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE SM-T819Y.
I hope this guide was helpful to install March 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE based on Android 7.0 Nougat.