Telegram is a freeware cloud-based messaging service that supports multiple platforms. It was launched in 2013 for both Android and iOS devices, and since then, it has gained lots of love from users worldwide.
However, its popularity is skyrocketing due to its end-to-end video calling, VoIP, and file-sharing technology, which is far better than any other social media app in terms of security. Moreover, just like Whatsapp, they also have a web version using which you can now access your Telegram account on your PC.
But unfortunately, for some users, the Telegram desktop notification is not working, so they face many issues. Well, this is the reason why we are here. In this guide, you will learn about how to fix the Telegram desktop notification not working issue. So, let’s get started then.
Fix: Telegram Not Downloading When Screen is off or in Background
Fix: Telegram Calls Not Ringing on Android and iPhone
Telegram Calls Recorder for Android and iPhone
Telegram Showing Line Busy, What Does It Mean?
Fix: Telegram Video Call Not Working on Android, iPhone and Desktop
10 Best Ways to Increase Telegram Download Speed on PC, Android, iPhone
- Reason Why Telegram Desktop Notification Not Working
- How to Fix Telegram Desktop Notification Not Working
Reason Why Telegram Desktop Notification Not Working
- Notification settings: Make sure that you have enabled notifications for Telegram in your system settings. Also, check if you have muted notifications for a particular chat or group.
- Do not disturb mode: If your device is in “Do Not Disturb” mode, notifications will not appear on the screen. Make sure to turn off “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- Outdated Telegram version: If you are using an outdated version of Telegram, notifications may not work properly. Make sure to update to the latest version.
- Firewall or antivirus: Your firewall or antivirus may be blocking Telegram notifications. Check your settings and make sure that Telegram is allowed to receive notifications.
- Background app refresh: If your device is set to limit background app refresh, notifications may not appear in real-time. Change your settings to allow background app refresh.
How to Fix Telegram Desktop Notification Not Working
You don’t need to worry about Telegram desktop notifications not working issue as now it is possible to fix it using the fixes below.
Fix 1: Reconnect Telegram
If you have been facing this issue for a while now, it is recommended to reconnect your Telegram to the desktop version. This is because sometimes, due to some technical errors, the Telegram servers are not able to notify you of each message that you get. Therefore, when you reboot your system, it automatically gets resolved. To do so,
- Tap on the three-dot button and select Log out.
- Then, refresh the page and scan the QR code to log in again.
- After that, ask you, friend, to send a message to check whether the notification, not working issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 2: Restart Your Browser
If you are using Telegram on your web browser and the above method won’t fix the issue for you, try restarting your browser. Yes, many users reported that after restarting their browser, the notification again starts working. So, you must try this out and check if it really helps you resolve this Error.
Fix 3: Reboot Your System
Rebooting will be a great idea if you have tried all the fixes mentioned above and still getting the Error. It is possible that the source of this issue is some temporary cache files or bugs that prevent your system from functioning properly.
Therefore, you must try rebooting your system and check whether the notification starts working on the Telegram desktop or not.
Fix 4: Check Connection
Did you check if your connection is good or not? Well, possible chances are there that your WiFi or mobile hotspot may not be giving you the speed you need, thus you are experiencing this issue. Therefore, we suggest you to try checking your connection speed from any speed tester website.
Nevertheless, in case you discover that your WiFi is not providing you with proper connectivity, then consider power cycling your router, as this has the potential to resolve this kind of Error. Therefore, try this out and check again if the Telegram desktop notification starts working or not.
Fix 5: Check If Your Have Enabled it or Not
There are high chances that you may disable the notification for Telegram on your PC, which is why you are getting this problem.
Therefore, it is suggested first open the Telegram desktop app and check if you have disabled the notification for the app or not. If so, then enable it and restart your PC. After that, you will find that the notification issue gets resolved automatically.
Fix 6: Clear The Cache Data
Clearing the cache file is also the right choice to repair this kind of issue. So, now there are two situations, one is if you are using the Telegram app on a Desktop and the other one is if you are using the web version of Telegram. To clear the cache, you need to follow these steps:
For Telegram App:
- Initially, open the Windows Settings by using the Win+I key combination.
- After that, switch to the Privacy & Security option.
- Now, scroll down to the App Permission section.
- Then, tap on Location and hit the Clear button.
For Telegram Web:
- Firstly, open the browser and tap on the three-dot button, and tap on Settings.
- After that, hit the Privacy & Security tab and select the Clear Browsing Data.
- Then, simply check the boxes you want to remove and hit the Clear Data option.
Fix 7: Try Another Browser
Suppose you have tried all the fixes mentioned earlier but still don’t get any improvement. In that case, we advise you to try using another browser as a possibility are there that you try to access the Telegram desktop using a web browser might have some compatibility issues. Therefore, we advise you to try using another browser and check if it starts working on that or not.
Fix 8: Disable VPN
Are you using a VPN service while using the Telegram desktop or web version? If so, then you sadly have to disable your VPN service. This is because a VPN service may conflict with the Telegram, and its server is not able to connect to your PC. So, you must disable the VPN service and check again if the issue gets resolved or not.
Also Read: How to fix This Telegram Channel Cannot be Displayed Error?
So, that’s all on how to fix Telegram desktop notification is not working issue. We hope that the troubleshooting methods we have discussed earlier in this guide have helped you. But, in case you need more help, make sure to comment below.